Anyone lose saved voicemail msgs after upgrade?Support

Last Updated:

1. lyee853344

lyee853344 New Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my Evo last Fri at Best Buy. Since my wife's line was eligible for the upgrade, I used her upgrade. Best Buy did the swap to get the Evo on my line. However, afterwards, we found that both our saved voicemail msgs got deleted and both our VM mailbox got reset. Had to set a new pwd and greeting.

I called Sprint today and they said that anytime you upgrade to a smartphone, your VM will get reset. Nobody told us this. There's nothing they can do to recover. My wife lost a couple of important msgs and is not very happy.

Anyone else have this happen? Is Sprint's explanation correct? I thought VM would just transfer over.

Advertisement
  2. polkadots

polkadots Well-Known Member

You know, I never thought much about this...but that's exactly what happened when I upgraded. I didn't notice it, but I do now. Huh. That's pretty bogus, and lame. Sorry dude.

What was in the VMs that's so important? Hopefully she has it written down.

3. Coop1979

Coop1979 Member

My money says it has to do with the new $10 add-on. In the sprint system it's probably a whole new plan, so it resets your vm. Happened to my buddy, too. I won't know until July 1 if it happens to me :(

4. lyons238

lyons238 Well-Known Member

yes i had messages with sentimental value on there :(. couple of my buddies left some one of a kind priceless drunk messages on my phone and they were just absolutely wild and hilarious. i really want them back haha.

5. polkadots

polkadots Well-Known Member

Lost and gone forever, my man. The upshot is that with VM you can save the messages as MP3s and keep them forever...anywhere.

6. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

huh, i didn't loose any voice mails when i switched to the evo.

i came from the original instinct. i had visual voice mail set up. it downloads the mail to the phone and they are still accessible to me right now.

i was also out of town the week before i got the evo in an area where voice mails could not be downloaded.

i switched to the evo. the evo does not download messages that were previously downloaded. the messages that were not downloaded when i was out of town are accessible from the evo by calling in.

i'm not sure if this is something sprint locks you out of. just that your old voice mails are automatically deleted by phones that run visual voice mail, or just get downloaded to phones.

have you guys checked your old phones for the messages?

7. dmystic1

dmystic1 Well-Known Member

I went from the Hero to the EVO, and visual voicemail even downloaded my old mail to the EVO.

8. richtj99

richtj99 Active Member

you save a voicemail to mp3 on the evo?
    where is the default file save location for the voicemails?

9. GiftedPlacebo

GiftedPlacebo Well-Known Member

Google Voice FTW! Never lose a VM again. Ever.

10. akwoody

akwoody New Member

Yes I replaced my lose HTC sprint Andriod through sprints insurance company. When I recieved replacement. I was able to listen to my messages some of which I saved for my business. I had to reset up my account on replacement Android. Now the messages are gone. WTF! A glitch Sprint needs to seriously address

11. JulieSK

JulieSK New Member

I upgraded from the Note 2 to 4 and seem to have lost all of my saved voicemail. I'm desperate to recover these since they were all messages my dad left over the past few months, and he's about to pass away from cancer. From reading everything above, it's not looking good, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any new ideas. Thanks.