Anyone managed to Root this

Last Updated:

1. connordb

connordb New Member

Hey,

Has anyone managed to root their Viewpad 10e yet? I got one a few days ago and it's SUCH a lovely piece of hardware for the price. It would seriously benefit from getting Honeycomb onto it and ideally the Android Market (it only comes with 1ClickMarket app store or something). I've never rooted/rom'd on Android so I don't want to be the first :)

Advertisement
  2. readys17

readys17 New Member

I just bought a Viewpad 10e on 2.3 Gingerbread, but read yesterday that it would be shipped with 4.0 Ice cream sandwich from February 2012.

Can anyone tell me if I will be able to upgrade from 2.3 to 4.0, or whether I should return it and wait til it ships with this version?

Not sure if this is the right place to post. I am not a big forum user, but would appreciate any help.
  3. av02

av02 New Member

just been scouring the viewsonic website but not seen that they will go to ice cream sandwich on this device anywhere. If they were, I would expect to see the news on the manufacturer's website.
    Would love the link, though don't bother if it's not from Viewsonic.
    Wasn't ICS made with dual core cpu's in mind ? that's what devs are saying.
    And that is why it is unlikey we will see it on the 10e.
    Struggles with gingerbread, let alone ICS, yet my Samsung Galaxy s2 works well.
    Well done, Viewsonic. A lovely IPS screen , and an ARM8 cpu.
    Genius.