anyone not getting the "wow" factor?General

Last Updated:

1. Steveda

Steveda Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone that has already received their phones is not getting the "wow" this is an awesome phone thing? I know there is a honeymoon phase with new stuff. I just thought I would see if anyone feels maybe different about it. I am getting mine tomorrow. I am looking forward to it.

Steve

Advertisement
  2. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

Granted I am coming from an enV2, "wow" would be an understatement to how amazing I think the Incredible is.

I can't see how anyone not coming from maybe a Droid or other high end android phone wouldn't be extremely impressed.

3. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

i coming from a samsung juke for christs sake, "wow" is a big understatement for this phone

goodpeople likes this.
  4. mikewashere05

mikewashere05 Well-Known Member

I can check email?!?! ANYWHERE?!

First time smartphone guy here.

5. omgitswes

omgitswes Well-Known Member

LOL me and you are on the same page.
    That 1st gen LG Voyager was not cutting it

6. Needz_Android

lol nice sarcasm

7. foreWard

foreWard Well-Known Member

blows my BB Tour out of the water.

8. marcelob

marcelob Well-Known Member

I came from a BB Curve and the difference is huge. By the way I am writing this on my DI :)

9. benson304

benson304 Well-Known Member

I certainly hope coming from a Pearl that I will get a wow factor, that thing is a piece.

Hell my sister got an Eris two weeks ago and I kept playing with that thing, I had to stop myself from downloading all kinds of apps.

10. XDaydreamerX11

XDaydreamerX11 Well-Known Member

Coming into the first smartphone, I WOULD say the learning curve seems to be quite steep right now. o.0

11. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Honeymoon phase? This is Geekdom at it's finest. I love it keep it up!!

Just don't put it on vibrate. Thx!

12. Stevo_Cali

Stevo_Cali Well-Known Member

I would think you would have to be serving aboard the USS Enterprise (D) not to get at least a bit of a 'wow' factor when you first turn this puppy on.... :)

13. CyberVike

CyberVike Well-Known Member

I'm also coming from a BB Curve. What have you been impressed with the most? How's the touchscreen for typing texts? I'm used to the BB keyboard so I'm assuming there will be some adjusting to.

14. xtlosx

xtlosx Member

I am coming from a first generation Storm.... This thing is such a piece of crap it is driving me nuts... The extended battery I used for 6-8 months no longer is "detected" by the phone, so i'm back to the original POS battery.... Random lock ups, calls drops, reboots.. This will be HEAVEN...

My Incredible is on the truck for delivery.. COME ON FEDEX!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. antics

antics Member

THIS!!! My Ericsson from AT&T isn't cutting it anymore.

16. shopkins

shopkins New Member

I just hope the Incredible can live up to the high bar set by my current LG Chocolate - I am several years past my "new every two" phone update. I have been holding out a long time for just the right phone. Incredible - WOW!

17. Darbley77

Darbley77 Well-Known Member

No wow here. I like it but mine has a rattle in the speaker and it really does feel cheap. Dont get me wrong----its a nice piece of equipment but not too sure if ill be keeping it.

18. GadgetGeek

GadgetGeek Well-Known Member

Hopefully the initial 'wow' factor won't be quickly dowsed by the realization of battery & signal/reception issues... fingers crossed.

19. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

We phonegeeks have a tendency to build up to things long before it's been released. We've all been talking so much about how awesome it is and will be the greatest phone ever, how could it meet those expectations really? There is already a bugs/known issues thread and the phone isn't even out yet!!!!!!! I remember as a kid going to see "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" cause it was BBLLOOOWWWNNN up as such a great movie and I was SOO excited to see a movie that had late breaking technology in it (humans and cartoons together was big then!), then I saw the movie and went "eh, it was ok".

As a people, I think we're asking too much of our phones and expecting them to excite us more and more. I know I get bored with a phone after a few months, and that was never the case before.

With that said, I'm fairly certain you will be happy with the phone. :)

20. Needz_Android

fail. it does not feel cheap at all. sorry you have a rattle in the speaker, but come on, it doesn't feel cheap in any way

21. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

I'm very impressed, but not wowed like I was when I got my first iPhone. Having used a touch screen device for two years, I believe that I'm simply used to all of the amazing things that can be done on a touch screen.

I really like the Incredible, it reminds me of a bigger, really fast Eris, with a much larger and detailed screen.

The only negatives so far are battery life (which I hope gets better as the battery is conditioned), and the absence of being able to have a different picture on the lockscreen, than the one used for wallpaper.

22. MrGoodCat

MrGoodCat Well-Known Member

i would rather use a rotary phone tethered to a wall than own an iphone, let me just make that clear.

now, i do not have my incredible yet, was not lucky enough to get it early. however i can say that i am coming form a tp2. simply running a port of android 2.0.1 on it was WOW enough for me to switch. if the incredible performs as well as the port on my tp2, then i will be WOW-ed, haha. what i am trying to say is the phone will be amazing no question about that. and there is always an intial phase when everything is hyped, but i have a feeling this phone will keep me interested for quite some time

23. Darbley77

Darbley77 Well-Known Member

Wrong-----to me it feels cheap.

24. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I can't wait til I get mine tomorrow! From what I've seen, it looks like it'll be a huge improvement over my Samsung Omnia 2 that I currently have. Hopefully resistive touch screens are a thing of the past now.

25. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

Eris has that ability... I would think incredible would too. Don't have my Inc yet to check, but on the Eris, there is an option for Lockscreen Wallpaper in Settings>Personalize