Anyone not playing with the X early?

Last Updated:

1. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Who are the people not finding a store to let them play with the X early? I am torn about this! I am dying to mess around with this phone, but I also want it to be a totally new experience for me on launch day when I get it!! Ahhh...decisions.

Advertisement
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Im going to wait. All the stores around me say they dont have a live X to play with which doesnt really matter to me just makes it that much better come launch day

3. h3liumX

h3liumX Active Member

i say just wait. no doubt the phone will be awesome.

4. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

I went to several stores in the area and none of the stores had any models, working or not working... So at this point I might as well wait. I hope they have a working model in the store to try right before I buy the X on release day, but other than that I probably will wait.

5. Gummibands

Gummibands Well-Known Member

I live near Washington dc/Fredericksburg area and my local ste doesn't have one. So I'm not allowed to play with one before.

6. ohnono

ohnono Well-Known Member

We have one corp. verizon store and one other I guess reseller. Next store is 25 miles away. Best Buy is 40 miles away. Verizon store has no Droid x's on display said maybe Tuesday or Wednesday.

Oh the joys of small town living.:mad:

7. JazzMat

JazzMat Well-Known Member

Mylocal store showed me a dummy so I could at least get a feel for its size, weight and general feel. Nothing about the dummy caused me to doubt my choice to be there bright and early next Thursday to get my working model. :)

8. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

I live about 5 min away from BWI airport and I haven't been able to find one to try out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

My local corporate Verizon store only has a non functional dummy unit so I won't be able to play with it until the 15th.

10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

The corp stores in my area only have dummy models which they just got last Thursday. The VZW regional corporate account rep that serves my company has had a working model for about 3 weeks and allowed my coworkers and I a few minutes each with the X last Wed.

That was enough time for me to see that bootloader issues aside, this is the phone for me. At 6'1 and hands to match, I would call it almost the perfect size, it could even stand to be just a few mm wider IMO. No problem fitting the phone in my pocket either but then I don't wear male leotards, I mean skinny jeans..lol

Edit: Just wanted to add that swype is AWESOME!!!! and amazingly easy to use, I can see it become a standard option on every touchscreen in the near future.

11. Gummibands

I'm 5'4 and while I don't have small tiny hands I have average hands nothing large but I'm so looking forward to this phone.

12. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

Go to the Verizon store in Columbia off Snowden River Parkway. They have 2. ;)

D13 likes this.
  13. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

Awesome thanks for the tip. I will give it a try tomorrow.:)
    I tried one down in Laurel and in Ellicot City but no dice when I was there.

14. masse

masse Well-Known Member

Every store in my area pretends they can't show the phone until launch day. The best I could do was hold a dummy phone. They had it behind the desk.

Fits nicely in pockets actually.

15. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Yeah today my Verizon store claimed to not have any phones. Not even dummy phones, which I find hard to believe because they are a pretty large store. I think he was just pretending not to have any. The store was very busy, so maybe he didn't want to bother with me.

Last Wednesday I went into a different store. They only had one employee working there, who pretended to not know anything about the phone at all. I asked about the X and he said "oh you mean that phone coming out in August??" seriously, wtf? Maybe he was confused with the droid 2. I think the store was only an authorized retailer... not a corporate store. but seriously.

16. Garemlin

Garemlin Well-Known Member

I was playing with one today at my local VZW store. Did for about 1/2 hour and then gave it back because I didn't want to ruin everything for day one. But I couldn't resist playing with it for a little while.

17. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I got to play around with a fully working demo unit, I wouldn't have wasted my time though if it wasn't down the street. I have been tempted to go back and play with the X some more. But I do want to have the new phone feeling when I get mine.

18. Gummibands

Lol umm might want to edit your first half of this statement unless you meant that

19. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to check it out early. I did and it really, really helped my decision. I was set on getting an Incredible and if they were readily available I may have just gotten that however since they are not I figured I would check out the X. The size of it was what was holding me back but being able to check it out in the store and seeing that it didn't feel that big and fit comfortably in my pocket helped me decide.

20. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

My local store (outside Rochester NY) had none for display or trial on 7/10, but said they did have them in stock but could not open them until the 15th.

21. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

In boston i've not found a working model. One of the verizon stores had a dummy model which allowed me to check the form factor and buttons (form factor felt much better than the evo which feels like a brick).

22. MisterEff

MisterEff Well-Known Member

I am going to try some stores today or tomorrow to see if I can find one.

23. rion_j

rion_j Well-Known Member

not for me, i'm going to wait. i want that first impression to be awesome and one that i can keep reliving as i take the device off to work after picking it up thursday morning. thursday is going to feel like christmas....i can hardly wait to open that box!

24. JoshWisoff

JoshWisoff Well-Known Member

my store probably has one, but i prefer surprises. :)

25. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

I plan on going to my local Verizon store tomorrow to see if they have a display model I can grope around on. And I'd like to ask a rep what they expect the line to be like. I've cleared my schedule enough to wait overnight if I need to.