Anyone notice how slow non-native browsers are?

Last Updated:

1. floepie

floepie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's odd reading reviews of other browsers in which users proclaim how lightening fast other browsers are compared to the native one. On the Vibrant, other browsers are excruciatingly slow. CNN (m.cnn.com) loads in under 2 seconds using 'Web', while it takes other browsers up to 10 seconds, sometimes longer. It's really very odd, and it makes me think that 3rd party browsers on the Vibrant cannot shine the way they do on other devices. Anyone experiencing the same?

Advertisement
  2. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

I think Opera is fast. Just isnt consistant for me as far as pinch zoom. I also just started trying Skyfire and so far it seems pretty good. Dolphin lags sometimes though.

3. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Yea I think Opera is fast too, much so when your in bad signal. Its interface needs some work as it sometimes doesn't respond to touch correctly, but thats because it was originally built for feature phones. Now if they ever get Opera Mobile ported, then we'd be talking about something totally different, as it was built for touch screen smartphones.

4. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Opera is the only one I could get to work on this phone. It's great but it is a little slower than the native browser. I also have trouble sometimes posting replies on this forum with browser. It works about half the time and the other half it loses my response.

5. psz

psz Well-Known Member

I've found Skyfire to be on par with the default browser in terms of speed... Maybe SLIGHTLY faster. Opera's still "king" of speed, though.