• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone notice the device specific threads slowing down?

Motorhead1991

Android Expert
Mar 7, 2012
Pasco, WA
I've bookmarked two different sections, the ZTE Avail section and the Velocity CRUZ T301 section, and neither one of these seem to be very active lately (the T301 isn't active at all really). I was wondering if other areas are slowing down just as much?

I'm too cheap/broke to move on to a better phone (yet... I want an SGS Galaxy S2 or a Rugby), and even with an upgrade, I'd keep developing for my ZTE (I wouldn't have to worry about losing app data that way ;) ).

I think you answered your own question (kind of).

• people move on to other phone at contract renewal time

• some handsets remain popular for longer due to popular brand and/or popular brand being lucky & putting out phone that has 'cult' status (like iphone)

• people on forums who like to hack / mod their phones have done it all by now

• people have pretty much got all the apps they need

• people falling out with a particular brand & moving on to a completely different platform

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Droid X forum is slowing down too. And once I get my Galaxy SIII, it will slow down just a tick more, as I probably won't be in there much. Heck, even now I'm spending a lot more time is GSIII forum than the DX forum.

+1. Yeah, it emptied out quite a bit when the GNex came to Verizon. After the SIII hits it may be a ghost town in there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones