1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

anyone notice using swype for long periods of time

Last Updated:

1. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So after using swype (beta) for a few weeks, I notice it getting slower, and less efficient. Not sure if odd words added by tapping out words did this. Also losing steam with certain words like our vs or.

Now trying HTC IME keyboard, quite nice.

Advertisement
  2. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

I installed the beta the day it was released and use it at least a dozen times a day, and I don't notice any slow down at all. And I'm using it in everything from the calendar to texts to Documents to Go.

3. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Maybe it's all in my head (our heads?), but I ended up switching away from swype to a similar program for that very reason. I am able to "swype" faster using shapewriter, though it's less accurate.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

No slow-downs I noticed here, but it's always been hard to swype shorter words (it, or, our).

5. ih77

ih77 Member

Am still getting the hang of SWYPE after 2 weeks but find it faster than normal typing. Short words are a bit annoying at times (e.g. if I want "to", it writes "too")

6. dittok92

dittok92 Active Member

I've been using swype on my eris for about 2 weeks now, and It has 'slowed' down a bit I suppose, as well as being slightly less accurate. Either way, it's still the best for me, and I love it. I had it on my last phone.

7. mylinuxbox

mylinuxbox Well-Known Member

I have not noticed any slow down all. I use it in everything possible. I just wish it would auto space after hitting full stop. That would save some more time.

I find accuracy very good. There are very few words I have to type one key at a time. They tend to be UK words instead of USA.

I tried shapewriter but cannot stand the way you enter capital letters.

8. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i notice some issues but not enough to complain about

welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard!

9. Ngo93

Ngo93 Well-Known Member

I got the mytouch with swype installed on it and I've noticed a HUGE slow down in it comparing to the first days I used it.

10. Esquire1

Esquire1 Well-Known Member

Phew, I'm glad someone else has noticed this problem. I am having similar issues. I thought maybe I've just been getting too confident with my typing and thus the problem is with me instead.

11. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think it had to do with the user dictionary system, some words you tap it to edit wrong words may enter dictionary. One thing that had really increased my accuracy is to put vibration on. Helps with tap typing took

12. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Well-Known Member

I have noticed a slowdown in swype. Also noticed that it is less accurate and when i reboot my phone i have to switch to android keyboard then back to swype for it to work. A great app turned to crap in my opinion.:mad:

13. v-6 nolo

v-6 nolo Well-Known Member

love sywpe, used it form months until it just stopped working, never had any slowdown and shapewriter is jusnk in comparison. Anyone know why it would say the trial period is over? I have re-downloaded like 5 times and keep getting the same error, i would love to buy it but it's still in beta.

14. Esquire1

Esquire1 Well-Known Member

It's still in Beta. Relax.

15. dmchance

dmchance Member

I'm not having any of the issues that you described. My keyboard is just as fast today as the day I originally installed it (first day of beta). I have been using it exclusively, and absolutely love it! I'm hooked. I will definitely purchase it when it comes out of beta.

16. asb123

asb123 Well-Known Member

u can change in the settings to make it quicker vs more accurate

17. JDW

JDW Well-Known Member

Sometimes it works great, then sometimes it's really wonky, slow and just frustrating with word choices. Trying to figure out if it's me doing something at those times. But, I tend to think the program is sorta whacky at times.

I just turn it off and go to Smarter KB... Which really is pretty cool.

18. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I tried tweaking the settings in my case, but found that it was no more accurate than the others once it was as quick as I wanted it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk