Anyone notice when receiving call, you hear the callers voice on speaker before you pick up?Support

Last Updated:

1. tagta3

tagta3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A few times while the phone was charging I've noticed I heard the caller on speaker as the phone was ringing- I thought I was going crazy hearing things, but it seems the phone does that sometimes... has anyone had this before?

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

3. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

Never encountered that. But I do notice that the ringer quiets down for a split second after I press answer. I have "quiet ring on pickup" OFF.

4. Baboontyme

Baboontyme Active Member

Yes! It only happened to me once, but I, too, thought I was going crazy. Guess not.

5. leegseegs

leegseegs Well-Known Member

Yes, happened to me the other day. I could hear my wife talking to her friend in the car while she was calling me at the same time. The phone was ringing. Probably just a network glitch.

6. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

That hasn't happened on my EVO, but it used to happen once in a while on my Sprint Mogul (Pocket PC 6.1).

7. hambonewc

hambonewc Well-Known Member

Sometimes while receiving an incoming call i can hear the person that is calling me talking while my phone is still ringing (before I answer the phone). Playing through my speaker is my ringtone PLUS the person on the other line (if they happen to be talking to someone). Anyone else experience this?

8. cddmh

cddmh Member

I have. It happened on my TP2 also.

9. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

It happened to me on wednesday but never before that. I had a speaker plugged into the headphone jack because I was reducing a movie. I wonder if that had anything to do with it

10. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Haven't experienced that yet but seems like a pretty sweet feature...

11. BAD_TCR

BAD_TCR New Member

Came in here to make this thread-- but found this one. I don't know how to turn his feature off-- but its hillarious. It's every call. I hear the person on the other end: sometimes its pretty funny catching friends sing songs while its ringing, or others telling other people in the room what they are going to ask me when I answer (freaks them out when I know the question) or the wife and kids talking it up, etc.

It cant be the network. I've had Sprint for 13 years and never had this before. It's this phone. I told the wife-- now, I got true call screening :)

Surely more people have this, maybe just the people they talk to are quiet while it rings.

12. onilink

onilink Active Member

damn, i want this feature!! doesn't happen to me..

13. melynbeth

melynbeth Well-Known Member

So when my phone is ringing I can hear the person who is calling talking! Numerous times when my sister is calling before even answering the phone I can hear her children talking. One time when my niece was calling I heard her saying something about black and when I answered and asked her about it she said she was asking her mom about which color purse to get....gold or black!
    Did everyone else know that this can happen? Have you experienced it? It's very cool!

tech and me likes this.
  14. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

I think this has happened once to me. I dismissed it at first as nothing, but after reading your thread, I suppose it actually did happen to me.

I also think I can hear them after hanging up briefly now and then...

Did you have bluetooth enabled during any of this?

15. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

16. melynbeth

melynbeth Well-Known Member

I don't want a solution... I LOVE IT! LOL!
    I don't have bluetooth on my phone. Sometimes I'll just sit there and listen to them before I answer. It's made me cautious now when I call people! LOL!

17. elteedub

elteedub Active Member

my phone has always done this

18. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

I'm pretty sure the Evo does this for every single call. It's just that most of the time, the person on the other end is silent. It's pretty easy to test. Have a friend call you, but tell the friend to pick a number between 1 and 100 and say it 3x out loud while the phone is ringing. Then, listen for the number and say it back to him/her when you answer.

I say to state the number 3x because sometimes it's hard to hear the caller over your ringtone.

It is a pretty neat "feature," and I wouldn't want it "fixed."

19. Nomad397

Nomad397 Active Member

it only works on certain ringtones on my evo

20. jester2372

jester2372 New Member

I too have the same issue where I can hear a caller before I answer the phone. I have an HTC EVO 4g with Sprint.
    Sadly I find this to be more of an issue than a perk. The last thing I need is to have one of my friends or nephews call me while they are cursing out someone on the road and my co-workers hear it.
    Just the other day while walking into the office a friend called and I swear he was imitating the 'Human Beat Box' as I entered the break room. Yes, there were 5 co-workers in there who I barely knew and they all looked at me strange. I dismissed the call and explained to them what was happening.

If anyone has a proposed solution to this issue, I would love to hear it. Outside of setting my phone on vibrate, there is no switch to turn it off. This is my 2nd EVO as I swapped them out once I learned I had this ghost feature.

I will not even get into the ghost who call random people from my address book while I am typing a text or emailing a photo. Weird! It always calls the people I do not like too! HMMMMM? ...and the Ghost auto-off feature!

Thanks

21. jester2372

jester2372 New Member

Do you know what ring-tone it does NOT work with? I would love to try it.

Thanks!

22. P_Dub

P_Dub Well-Known Member

Which rigntones DOES it work with? I want to try this. hehe.

23. ned23

ned23 Well-Known Member

Have not experienced this yet.

24. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

Hasn't happened to me yet!

25. jester2372

jester2372 New Member

Currently I am using (Standard 4) ringtone. It would be interesting if this worked and you started hearing the caller.

BTW - I tested this with land lines, Android phones, iphones, non-android phones and I can hear the caller with each of them. Weird! Not so nice when you are boarding a plane and your phone rings while your buddy is dropping F&#^# bombs and everyone can hear it.