• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone noticing some slowness after root?

Upvote 0
I didn't do any quadrant tests, but I noticed a couple hours after I rooted that my battery had been hammered. A little bit of inspection showed that the 'exploid' process was still running and pegging the cpu. I killed the process from adb shell and things seem like they might be better now.

Where can I see if it's running and what command do you use to kill it?

Upvote 0
I didn't do any quadrant tests, but I noticed a couple hours after I rooted that my battery had been hammered. A little bit of inspection showed that the 'exploid' process was still running and pegging the cpu. I killed the process from adb shell and things seem like they might be better now.

Good call! That is exactly why the reboot is so important after rooting... :)

Upvote 0
After root and removing quite a bit of the bloatware, I'm running much quicker than before. Got a 1297 on my last quadrant.

Would you mind listing what you've removed?

Here's what I've uninstalled so far:

Kindle
Amazon MP3
City ID
Blockbuster
Weather 2.1
Emergency Alert
Corporate Directory
3G Mobile Hotspot
Home Screen Tips
Skype Mobile
Swype
My Verizon

Upvote 0
Check it out. :D

n1wm10.png

Upvote 0
Would you mind listing what you've removed?

Here's what I've uninstalled so far:

Kindle
Amazon MP3
City ID
Blockbuster
Weather 2.1
Emergency Alert
Corporate Directory
3G Mobile Hotspot
Home Screen Tips
Skype Mobile
Swype
My Verizon

I removed Amazon, Blockbuster, MyVerizon, Visual VM, Skype Mobile & NFS Shift. After running it for a full day, I'm steadily getting 1300

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I can't say it seems any slower, but my phone has had horrible battery life since I rooted two days ago. I had it die on my after 5 hours today and I didn't use it except to listen to music in the car... on a charger.

I guess since it died, it's like rebooting, but I'll do a battery pull anyway when it's done charging.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones