Anyone on a 2.2 based ROM...

Last Updated:

1. Scynthetic78

Scynthetic78 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to merge facebook and google contacts? I have quite a few numbers that I had entered before I added them on facebook, so now I have a bunch of duplicate entries. One for facebook and one with the info that I put in. I seem to remember there being a way to do this on 2.1, but I can't find it in 2.2 (KaosFroyo). Am I overlooking something really simple, or was it just not implemented this time around?

Advertisement
  2. Android noob

Android noob Well-Known Member

I am also wondering the same thing.. I want to know how to sync my phone contacts with Facebook so that ill have their profile picture on their contact card..

3. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

download syncmypix from the market. will sync your facebook pictures with your contacts

Android noob likes this.
  4. Scynthetic78

Scynthetic78 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I ended up just doing it the "hard" way. I went through and changed all of my contact names to exactly what their facebook profile shows. I removed my fb account from the phone, re added it, then rebooted. Everything seems to have synced correctly now.

*EDIT*

There's still two that won't merge. I don't know why though. I have the names exactly the same.

5. arock

arock Well-Known Member

The long way of doing it is to select the contact, select edit, and the select join from the menu option. Should pull up any contacts with similar info and let you join them together.

6. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

I tried both CELBFroyo and KaosFroyo and they're both just too buggy for me. Scrolling between home screens is very jittery.

7. DroidJW

DroidJW Well-Known Member

you do a full wipe prior to install? Scrolling for me in Kaos is so much faster/smoother than for any of the Sense ROMs I tried. Only issues Ive had are the acknowledged ones -- the LED light and the camera.

8. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

Yup, I wiped everything. Should I turn off JIT? The scrolling for me is definitely MUCH more jittery and slower than Plain Jane. Even the setup process was jittery. I would press on buttons and it would either not respond at all sometimes or would be very jittery and laggy between screens.

Oh, and btw the way, I'm talking about KaosFroyo (2.2) not just KaosLegendary or any other 2.1 based ROM.

9. Android noob

Android noob Well-Known Member

Mines pretty smooth. Set up was jittery for me also though. But then I OC'd and all is good.. I'm wondering if should turn off JIT.

10. jasonh

jasonh Well-Known Member

after a couple reboots and tweaks, it's pretty smooth for me.

11. jasonh

jasonh Well-Known Member

go to edit contact, menu/join, hit search button, type FB name, hit Search for all contacts. Should pop up.

12. weems

weems Active Member

Is there anyway to sync contacts other than this? Before I rooted I was able to select them individually, as I have things like "Dad", "Mom", ect in my phone.

13. weems

weems Active Member

Is there anyway to sync contacts other than this? Before I rooted I was able to select them individually, as I have things like "Dad", "Mom", ect in my phone.

14. jasonh

jasonh Well-Known Member

^

15. jasonh

jasonh Well-Known Member

Now here's the one I haven't actually figured out yet...how to populate the "Me" picture. With Sense it was easy because you had a "my contact card" or whatever. I tried making a "me" contact and linking it to facebook, but since I'm not a friend of myself on there, i don't show up.

edit - only thing I've found so far is to add myself as a google contact and put a picture on there. kinda lame.

16. paulbonner

paulbonner Well-Known Member

The first 10 or 15 minutes or so after initially installing Kaos Froyo v23 was miserable for me as there was a whole lot going on in the background -- Google was syncing all my apps from my previous CyanogenMod install. But once that was done, I had all my apps without having to manually reinstall them, and my phone started responding faster and smoother than ever. I've got it over-clocked to 768 at this point, and have never had better performance or responsiveness from this phone.