Anyone pre-order at Best Buy?General

Last Updated:

1. aptmx

aptmx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone pre-ordered the phone at Best Buy? Will they let me pre-order one and pay the full price? Is the full price also $529 at BB? Can it be picked up anytime on the 29th? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. eth555

eth555 Member

I preordered mine on the 18th. I put $50 down and they give you a $50 gift card. The guy told me anytime on the 29th, but would prefer the afternoon, which works out great since I get off of work at 3:00. I do not know what full retail price is at Best Buy.

3. dbmet

dbmet Member

It appears to the full price at Best Buy is 599, but 529 at Verizon.. I wonder if Best Buy will match Verizons price?

4. aptmx

aptmx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I hope they would. I don't see why they wouldn't.

5. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

bump for BB preorders, any inside people have info on whether they are in stock yet or not?

6. SecretSexyNinja

SecretSexyNinja Well-Known Member

the BB by my house had them in stock before this last weekend. they literally cannot sell them until the 29th as the price in their system is like $9999. Pre-ordered on the 19th and was behind like 3 other ppl

7. jdprep25

jdprep25 Member

I pre ordered last tuesday, and i apparently lack patience....soooo....

I just got back from the bb store and tried to give them a story hoping they would just give it to me early. The rep, seemed new and was buying my story, and all of a sudden, the bb mobile manager stepped and said, "well we dont even have them in stock yet...." :eek:

FAIL.

Sighhhh. So looks like i will have to wait til the 29th, thing is though, I will be in hawaii until the 5th of may, I can still pick one up when i get back right???

8. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

Doesn't surprise me, Best Buy is overpriced on a lot of their electronics, I won't buy anything there. And I would be surprised if they'll match prices on that.

9. mellotron heart

mellotron heart New Member

Also preordered at Best Buy because the folks at the VZ store wouldn't let me preorder in-store. They said they'd have the accessories out at launch as well, not sure on specifics though.

10. Mr.Slave

Mr.Slave Well-Known Member

BB price matched for me and will give free SDcard if you show them the deal online.

11. digitalnomad

digitalnomad Member

How'd you get them to do that? I just asked this question in another thread, but I kept hearing that I'd have to show them an advertisement from a local verizon retailer.

12. Hipshot

Hipshot Well-Known Member

Be Careful... I've learned to trust BB about as far as I can throw them! They actually reneged on my pre-order deal. :mad:

I ordered on the 18th. Found out the next day they wouldn't price match Verizon. Requested a refund. At 1st they agreed. Then for whatever reason couldn't refund it 24 hours later. So they agreed to match. I was happy.

3 days later they called me back and miraculously figured out a way to do it. And now wouldn't stick to their agreement. 3 trips to the mall and 5 days later, I ended up right back where I started. With nothing!

Some BB's honor without question, some don't, and some renege at any given moment! It's all about the manager and whats important to him. His bottom line or his customer satisfaction and his reputation.

Yeah a bit of a combination of a warning and a shameless vent! I feel better now :p

13. polo2883

polo2883 Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered as Best Buy as well. I am hoping to go there before coming into work. When I was there pre-ordering the lady who took my preorder did even have official forms. She happened to get a call from somewhere and she said she found the bar code online and made up her own forms. But the receipt does says pre-sell.

14. an_droid

an_droid Member

I also preordered from bestbuy on the 18th - I plan on going thursday morning to pick up the phone, cause I went in yesterday and they wouldn't give me any info if they were getting it earlier, but they did take down my phone # so they could call me when the phone come in.

15. crspyjohn

crspyjohn Well-Known Member

I was going to preorder and get it thursday morning but they said they don't know when they would get it in and wouldn't offer any kind of guarantee..

16. an_droid

an_droid Member

my store "guaranteed" they would have it the 29th, but i guess they could have said anything to get me to preorder right then.

17. crspyjohn

crspyjohn Well-Known Member

im just going to walk in on the 29th and try to buy it at 10 haha

18. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered mine at Best Buy last week I was the first to do so the lady didn't even know about the phone....

Anyways I went over there today and their truck arrived so the phones are there (guy working there said this and said they only got a few?), but they won't divvy them up till Thursday :)

19. dm33

dm33 Well-Known Member

Why not pick it up in Hawaii?

20. jdprep25

jdprep25 Member

I thought about that, but then with the pre order, cant i only pick it up at the store i ordered it at???

Also, the big thing is that there arent any bb stores on maui. I checked their site....:(

21. LarsWall

LarsWall Active Member

I'm still trying to debate whether to go to the local BB or do it all online. I'm doing a family plan and want to get 2 Incredibles, but I don't know if BB will let me pre-order them both or tell me there's a limit for just 1 per customer. I don't have a phone now as I'm out of a contract, and would love to get it on the 29th as I've been waiting since MARCH like a lot of us here, but I fear that my order online from verizon will be delayed because the billing information and the payment information will be from the same place but 2 different people (just the way we decided to set up our accounts, one pays for phones up front, the other for the plan for a few months).

22. digitalnomad

digitalnomad Member

Can anyone tell me how they managed to get BB to price match at 529? I've seen a lot of posts of people saying they were able to do it, but haven't heard how yet.

23. CGM

CGM Member

I pre-ordered two Incredibles (one for me and another for my wife) at BB last week. I had to purchase two gift cards to reserve both phones. I asked the BB mobile manager about matching prices and he explained that they would not match the VZW price because the phones are being purchased at full retail (which doesn't make any sense too me). At any rate, I didn't want to create any static, I just want my phones. So I'll be at my local BB first thing Thursday morning before work to fork over $1200 bucks. However, I believe I can recoup up to $600 bucks by selling my two Moto Droids on Ebay. So I guess my situation isn't all that bad :eek:

LarsWall likes this.
  24. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

I simply asked if they would price match my Verizon online price, to which the mobile manager said yes. He just said "log into your account here in the store and we'll give you the lowest price between the two". However, this philosophy seems to vary store-to-store.

So my suggestion: call ahead and ask for a manager, and ask if they'll price match. If he says yes, write down his name and the date/time. If you show up to buy and they switch positions, ask for the store manager and explain what happened. If the store manager still won't budge, ask for the district manager's contact info. I worked in a similar style store (not electronics, though) as a BestBuy while in college, and believe me, store managers hate getting the DM involved.