• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone purchased from CanadaGSM?

I'm considering purchasing a Canadian GN from CanadaGSM for use in the US. Their price is the lowest I've seen on the web, but they only accept forms of payment that facilitate immediate transfer of funds.

I can't find many reviews of this site on the web....any experiences y'all care to share?

I'd be wary of any supplier who requires immediate funds up-front. You'd be better off spending a few more bucks to purchase via a method you trust and/or has a physical presence in your home country.

This was also my initial assessment, so I decided to do a little more digging. Apparently Canada GSM is also World GSM Phones. Their site looks slightly more refined. They have an 800 number for contacting them on the front page and are accepting credit cards rather than just paypal. This is good in case anything is disputed.

I sent an e-mail (on a Sunday) inquiring about the Samsung Galaxy S II and got a reply in under 4 hrs, albeit sent from a mobile phone. I also came across some archived forums of people who had done dealings with them in October of last year. Sadly, I didn't bother to bookmark the thread so I've been searching for it for the better half of the morning. Everyone who had bought a phone seems pleased, no negative reviews or complaints. Most people even went on to say how quickly they shipped their product.

Still, I'd like to get the opinion of anyone who has directly dealt with Canada GSM or World GSM Phones within the last few months. At $475 + S&H, no tax, I think I've found the lowest possible price for a brand new SGS2. I've had my eye on this particular phone for over a month and as anxious as I am to finally get it in my hands, I'll wait a little longer if need be.

Upvote 0
just registered to reply to you

was considering placing a order with them as well, after a bit of searching, I found out that canadagsm.ca is connected to sntradersonline.com
do a search, on sntradersonline.com
I actually made a purchase from them a couple of years ago and received a returned item sold to me as brand new, you can search on howardsforums.com
for info from other people that had the same thing happen to them.

go to the "how to order" on canadagsm.ca and check the email address, it for sntradersonline.com

Brad

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones