• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone recognize this taskbar icon

This icon popped up a few days ago, and I haven't the foggiest what it's to. Anybody recognize it?

wtfisthisicon.jpg

Definitely NFC you can turn it off in settings under wireless and networks and then mine is under the ... more category. (running Jelly Bean on HTC sense 5 if that matters). This is my first phone with NFC so not sure if that's where it's located on your Galaxy.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
"Near Field Communication (NFC) is a set of short-range wireless technologies, typically requiring a distance of 4cm or less to initiate a connection. NFC allows you to share small payloads of data between an NFC tag and an Android-powered device, or between two Android-powered devices." It's also used for secure financial transactions. More info is available here

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones