• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone regretting the X now with the new crop of phones arriving?

Same here, I'm hoping there is a stock android phone on lte in january or february that I can upgrade to

Same here,wish My Incredible had the Battery Life,Signal and Call Quality of My X....... or that My X was the size of the INC...LOL.. Phone junkies are never satisfied.I could talk Myself into and out of a phone daily! Anyway,the X rules,just a touch big for Me,I'd like a NIC/D2 sized non slider that works like this Beast!

Upvote 0
Ok I take a lot of pictures, but I dont know camera terminology so if this is a stupid question im sorry. What is HDR?

I'm not too sure on the details about but it's High Dynamic Range photography

I think it takes under, normal, and over exposed pictures at the same time and merges them together to get truer colors to what our eyes can see

(someone who knows better can step in and correct me if I'm wrong which I'm sure I am haha)

"In image processing, computer graphics, and photography, high dynamic range imaging (HDRI or just HDR) is a set of techniques that allow a greater dynamic range of luminance between the lightest and darkest areas of an image than current standard digital imaging techniques or photographic methods. This wide dynamic range allows HDR images to more accurately represent the range of intensity levels found in real scenes, ranging from direct sunlight to faint starlight."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

Upvote 0
tell me ONE thing the IPHONE has that the X doesn't and don't give me that video chat crap. its utterly useless and doesn't even use att's network its wifi only.

One very important thing. It worked. All the time. No resets. No forced closes. No weird, unexplainable crap I get daily with the Android DX. Yes, not a very important thing at all, it just worked. I could care less about video chat.

Upvote 0
One very important thing. It worked. All the time. No resets. No forced closes. No weird, unexplainable crap I get daily with the Android DX. Yes, not a very important thing at all, it just worked. I could care less about video chat.

+1 You should try the Fascinate. I have had zero issues since I picked it up 30 days ago. My X's... well after three I was done. They are now truely my eX.

Upvote 0
Ok I take a lot of pictures, but I dont know camera terminology so if this is a stupid question im sorry. What is HDR?

Just check out these pictures, and keep in mind these are actual pictures, not paintings.

hdr photography - Google Search

HDR takes the same photo through several different exposures and stitches them together to create a new image.

Upvote 0
Any phone can have issues. Some ppl have went thru 3 X's, some thru 3 Fascinates, some thru 3 Incredibles, some even thru 3 iPhones...yes even the mighty iPhone can have issues.

Its all about the batches...with any phone if you get one that has no issues its gonna "just work"

Reactions: WTF
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones