• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone remember when the hero first came out

outreach

Lurker
Dec 10, 2011
Hi I am new to the forum, I've had my hero since it was very first released. When I got the phone Its contender was the original iPhone , and in my mind (as well as everyone else's) it wasn't even a competition. I loved my hero and those unfortunate people who bought the iPhone were envious....

Wtf happened to our phone, what did HTC do to screw it up? Up until about 3 months ago I enjoyed (what seems to be a rarity) good battery life. Yes I had a hero with not just good battery life but awsome battery life, I would gully charge my phone once it twice a week and not have it die. Then I updated and started plugging in my phone more often. At first I thought maybe the battery was going bad from now being left on the charger all the time and serving almost 3? Years of service. I bought a new battery, wich gave me a slight increase in battery life, but not more then about 6 hours total life. I thought the battery might be a did and got another, no change.

I believe it was the updates that caused the horrific drain. I would guess almost If not everyone one here is on some kind of update. I never updated until about 3 months ago and until then I thought this phone on original software was the best phone ever created. Did HTC purposely cause battery life to drop in thier updates so we would buy new phones?

I can't think of any other explanation. I used to go on 16 hour drives using my hero as my no3 for my car stereo and still have battery life at the end of the trip, for alot of you I'm sure this isn't possible. For me I now get maybe 1.5 hours doing this till It does on a full charge. I now unfortunately own an ipod -.- so what happened to our hero someone please tell me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones