• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone running the CM 10 jelly bean nightly yet?

UPDATE: So coming up on a month of having the CM10 installed and thought I'd comment on how things have gone so far. Regarding reboots they seem to come and go in spurts. In other words there can be a period of days where I won't get any reboots at all. And then there are days where it will reboot on me twice within a five minute period. So its just hit and miss. Reported by others so its definitely related to the CM10 install.

I hardly ever talk on the phone but due to a family emergency I've been using my phone, as a phone, a lot more recently and once there was a time where it would either not dial out at all or it would dial out but the other person couldn't hear me. Had to reboot it to fix the problem. I read a post in a different forum of someone describing the exact same problem so again I think CM10 is responsible.

Also just within the last day or two longer texts have been coming thru out of order; for example if a long text gets broken up into 3 parts they might arrive in 2,3, and 1. Don't know if thats related to CM10 or not but thought I would mention it.

Also the camera app will occasionally freeze up and you have to relaunch it. This bug is pretty consistent so I'm sure its related to CM10 also.

So don't get me wrong, its a pretty stable build but don't expect perfection just yet.

Reactions: jjohnson1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones