Anyone scratched their screen yet?

Last Updated:

1. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone without a screen protector scratched it yet? Im just curious. I dont really wanna get one because i have never liked them but if i have to i guess i wouldnt mind.

Advertisement
  2. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I don't have a screen protector either and have not scratched my screen.

3. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I got the vzw brand this time and they work well I usually use phantom skinz but they tend to blur the screen which the vzw ones don't.

4. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

I've had my X since launch with no case or screen protector. It still doesn't have a single blemish or scratch on the body or the screen. Motorola has really impressed me with this handset's build quality. At first I was very weary about not getting a case since I use this phone constantly for 12 hour work shifts. I usually can't make it the full 12 hours with heavy usage, but I charge it during lunch and I'm back up to 80-90%.

5. Magic Angle

Magic Angle Active Member

Have my X for 8 days in all its naked glory. No scratches or blemishes on it. I just make sure he gets his own pocket with no keys or coins to mingle with.

FWIW I have an ipod touch i had for almost 2 years and never put screen protector on it. No scratches either. I think its just marketing praying on our fears to buy protectors.

6. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Yea my screen is perfect. I don't have any marks anywhere on this phone. *knock on wood*

7. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

Had my X since the 13th...dropped it already on a curb. Landed on the camera side. Couple scratches that have already smoothed over. Screen still perfect.

8. xdroid

xdroid Well-Known Member

I have the verizon screen protector on it and nothing else. It makes it easier to slide my finger across the screen.

9. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

Do you have the anti-glare? That was all they had when I got mine and it was super blurry. I took it off right away. I actually tried one again the other night and got the same results.

I ordered some crystal clear protectors, but am waiting on my replacement to use them. My original here hasn't had a protector on it, aside from those few minutes, and doesn't have a single scratch on the screen.

10. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I'm just the opposite of you guys. I know myself and how clumsy I am. I have a leather snap-on case, with kickstand and the Steinheil anti-fingerprint screen. ;)

11. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

Everything I'v read about gorilla glass implies that its hellah scratch resistant. We're going screen naked!

12. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Yes they do and yes they are a bit blurry, but they do not show my greasy finger prints like a bare screen and it's easier to slide my finger around on it.

I'll be trying something else or nothing when this one's done

13. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

You see alot of mention that the iPhone 4 does scratch and it uses gorilla glass. I don't know if there are better/worse grades of gorilla glass. In any case, I put a screen protector on everything so when I invariably drop the phone in the same pocket as my keys there are no worries.

14. bobomatic

bobomatic Well-Known Member

What he said..

15. kishin14

kishin14 Well-Known Member

I use the antiglare as well. I got it for free with my droid x purchase. It did take some getting used to. You definitely lose some luster, especially when watching videos. And it seems to have a slight rainbow effect against white backgrounds.

However, it definitely does a better job of dealing with fingerprints. And I can read any text against a light colored background in full sunlight with good clarity. It helps given that I have a relatively long walk to my subway stop.

16. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

If it uses the same glass as the original Droid, it's gonna be very, very tough to scratch. My phone has been through a lot in the 8 months I've had it, never with a screen protector. There are knicks, chips and scratches on the body itself, but the glass is still pristine. The only thing that's gonna really scratch it is if there's sand in your pocket.

17. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

I am not sure if we are referring to the same article.
    One I read was very misreading "http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/23/yes-you-can-certainly-scratch-the-iphone-4/" this one.
    It says you can scratch it but just not the screen.

18. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

There is a youtube video where someone takes a key and scrapes it across the screen, and it doesn't leave a scratch at all. My bigst concern is if it hts the concrete, and cracks the case itself. We'll probably end up with silicon covers at some point, once some good looking options are available. I really hate that plaid everyone is buying.

19. Gordz24

Gordz24 Well-Known Member

Steinheil crystal clear screen protector is hands down the best screen cover i have ever used. You honestly have no idea a protector is on it and the application was cake.

20. r3dlined

r3dlined Well-Known Member

Does this mean I have a defective screen cause I have been ULTRA careful with mine and I got a scratch somehow (in the shape of a V). It didn't make me very happy one bit.

21. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

I just took my verizon anti glare screen protector because it got scratched at mayhem fest...man my screen looks so much better than it did, i think ill keep it naked for a while. My Droid never scratched so im hoping the X will be the same.

22. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

The iPhone uses a glass similar to Gorilla Glass, but it is NOT Gorilla Glass. The iPhone 4's glass is made by a company in China, not Corning.

23. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

I use a screen protector myself. While it's not as glossy as the naked look, I do like how it's anti-glare while not making things look blurry. The only thing I don't like is the case I got with my phone since it doesn't hug the DX snug.

24. t4ckleb0x

t4ckleb0x Well-Known Member

I bought the case and screen protectors after much convincing and guilting by the CSR who sold me the phone. I used the case for two days before I realized it was hella huge and the x stays in its own pocket in my pants/shorts/etc. Needless to say the both reside in my desk drawer

25. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

I think you all might be right....I'm seeing these article titles in google, but then the articles talk about the back of the phone.

iPhone 4 Gorilla Glass not quite so scratch-resilient after all ...

The iPhone 4 has Gorilla Glass magic, right, and so can’t be damaged by us mere mortals? Sadly not; Gdgt’s Ryan Block has tweeted an image of a review iPhone 4 – apparently from the pocket of Josh Topolsky – that’s gained a few unsightly scratches in the few days its been in the wild.
    -------------
    I don't think it's the gorilla glass you have on the screen.