Last Updated: 2012-11-29 19:59:09
  1. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. Dagr

Dagr Well-Known Member

3. Caveman419

Just an unlocked boot loader should not stop you from updating....but I make no promises ;)
  4. Caveman419

I just had the update pop-up, so I selected restart & install. It rebooted into recovery (TWRP) and looked like it installed. I rebooted the system with no error messages. Opened the Settings > About Tablet and it still says 4.2 (not 4.2.1) and the build number is still JOP40C (not JOP40D), but I have a December in my Add Events for people in my contacts.

I am rooted running stock with the newest TWRP recovery.

Added: If I try and hit the Check Now button in System updates, I get system is up to date (LIAR!!!)
    Atma likes this.
  5. bd177

bd177 Member

same thing happened to me.
    Caveman419 likes this.
  6. The_Superhoo

The_Superhoo Well-Known Member

Im unlocked and rooted, selected update. After the downloading screen, it rebooted...and i get an error. Wont get past the Google screen.

Error every time.

Now, if i reset the device it wont give me the options for recovery Etc like it used to
  7. Caveman419

Have you tried rebooting into recovery, wipe cache and delvik?
  8. The_Superhoo

It wont let me into recovery. When i get to the bootloader, sometimes it wont have the arrows to select anything other than "Start." When i CAN select "Recovery" it doesnt go into Recovery. It goes to the "Google" loading screen then same error screen it always goes to.

Error screen is small open android with "No command" underneath

EDIT

Wtf? I Go To try again...and Android was loaded. So bizzare. Its working now
  9. Caveman419

Glad to hear you are up and running again!
  10. chiph411

chiph411 Well-Known Member

I downloaded the update and lost my custom recovery so I rerooted with the toolkit and all is well.

Chip
    Caveman419 likes this.
  11. The_Superhoo

Hmmm looks like I lost custom recovery too.
  12. techrider62

techrider62 Well-Known Member

Running 4.2.1 and rooted
  13. Ravenwjf

Ravenwjf Well-Known Member

I just received the 4.2.1 OTA update. I am unlocked and rooted.....but no custom recovery like CWM. I preserved my root with Voodoo OTA rootkeeper as soon as I unlocked and rooted out of the box. My tablet info is version 4.2.1 and build JOP40D after the OTA, so no issues with the install. I lost root after installing the update but I was able to get it back with Voodoo. I verified root with root checker and terminal emulator and installed a couple of apps to make sure they got root access. Everything is good. This has been the easiest device I have ever had to unlock, root and update.
  14. Dagr

Dagr Well-Known Member

I'm still not seeing the OTA... I'm only unlocked. Stock recovery, not rooted. :( Will I just have to install manually? Sheesh.
  15. Caveman419

I have downloaded the flashable update from droid-life and it fails every time. Not sure what is up.... I have tried wiping cache and delvik and still nothing.
  16. techrider62

Try going into settings/apps/all and clearing the Google Service framework and than try updating again
    Caveman419 likes this.
  17. Caveman419

Already tried that....no lick. Going to install a custom AOSP ROM.
  18. techrider62

I didn't get the update right away, after I cleared the data and tried updating the update showed up by its self
  19. Caveman419

I have gone through it twice now with the official Update.
  20. SagaX24

SagaX24 Member

I want a Nexus 10 but have read that many apps crashes and problems, some blaming 4.2
    So, has the 4.2.1 fixed crash, freezes, people have been reporting?
    Is Nexus 10 now running smooth in general?
  21. techrider62

I have had zero problems with any app on 4.2 or 4.2.1
  22. Caveman419

I have not had any issues with apps 4.2 or 4.2.1 either on my Nex 10 or my GNex.
  23. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

I had to do the procedure listed above 4 times in a row before the update showed up
  24. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Well-Known Member

I just got the 4.2.1 update. I mean literally. It was a less than a minute affair... Though I notice no difference - at least as of now.

Edit: I read that this update does not do much aside from fixing the month issue, but for some reason the interface feels a bit smoother and so does chrome. Pure placebo effect I suppose.