1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Anyone seen a car dock?Tips

1. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

My life will cease to exist without one. I use my DX daily in the car dock for GPS and streaming radio. I sure hope they have one or one comes out soon. Anyone seen any details on a good car dock?

Advertisement
    :
  2. busman11x

busman11x Member

Thats the only thing Moto did right.their car docks have made my car experience flawless! no wires hanging everywhere,charges when i dock it, auto launches car home ultra.....i want a s3 bad i just don't know what to do about a car dock either. i guess a good generic dock with a NFC tag could get the same result minus the wired in charger....anyone know of a proprietary dock or a sleek aftermarket one? help us safe drivers over here out please.I wanna pre order this beast just need a car solution NOW!
  3. Araxen

Araxen Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a car dock also. I'm going to miss my DX car dock. ><
  4. busman11x

busman11x Member

ok i looked really hard to find a suitable replacement and came to the conclusion that us spoiled moto users are going to suffer bigtime! the only and best solution i can find is a brodit active car mount,coupled with a nfc tag. google brodit active car mount. The other problem is i use landscape in the car and it looks like the phone would fall out using it like this! Anybody else find anything?come on Moto users help each other out here! I know a bunch of people are jumping ship from moto to sammy
  5. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Samsung makes charging auto docks with auto detect mode switch for a few of their latest handsets. There's no reason there won't be one for the SIII. Unfortunately it's not on the site yet.

Samsung cell-phones-accessories
  6. busman11x

busman11x Member

the one for the Note looks good... Hopefully one will come soon....:(
  7. Reginald VelJohnson

Reginald VelJohnson Well-Known Member

The car dock issue was ALMOST enough for me to go with the Razr MAXX instead of the GS3. In fact, I had the phone and dock in-hand for a few days but decided I'd gamble on docks for the GS3. The Motorola dock for the MAXX worked so smoothly, I can only hope Samsung's car dock works as well. The only thing that gives me pause so far is the official GS3 dock I've seen doesn't have a sliding connector, you'll have to manually plug it in.

Come on Samsung, don't let me down. :)
  8. Araxen

Araxen Well-Known Member

9. wiz561

wiz561 New Member

Thanks Araxen for that info. I preordered my phone but I know I will miss my DX dock.

Something I read somewhere says it has a 3.5mm audio jack + charger. Can you confirm this? Does the single connection output audio as well?

Thanks!
  10. NewPepper

NewPepper Well-Known Member

Samsung Galaxy Universal Vehicle Navigation Mount

Samsung Galaxy Universal Vehicle Navigation Mount

The Samsung Universal Vehicle Navigation Mount lets you take the brilliance of your Samsung smartphone along for the ride! The custom fitted cradle holds the handset securely during long rides. Attach it to a windshield or dashboard and adjust the multi-angle neck for perfect viewing. GPS capabilities are optimized with navigation applications but that&#8217;s just the beginning with the endless Android&#8482; apps available. With your hands safely on the steering wheel, experience the convenience of powerful, voice-activated Android applications like S Voice. Your Samsung smartphone and Vehicle Navigation Mount duo is truly brilliance on the go. (Fits handsets with 4.0" - 5.3" screens)

11. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

That would be a deal killer for me. I pre-ordered two S3s. If there isn't an integrated car dock with a built in power connector and an auto sensing car UI mode, I'll be selling my S3s on ebay or craigslist, pocketing the cash, and they paying full price for the razr hd when it comes out.
  12. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

I'll have to study the Samsung Infuse one posted above. It looks powered. If it works for only $14, that will hold me over till a dedicated one comes out. $14 is throw away, ebay type material.
  13. Doit2it

Well they bumped the price up to $23. I should have bought one when I saw his post the other night. Oh well, $23 is still be better that what Samsung's official SIII dock will be (probably $50).
  14. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

I called Samsung today and they told me the generic vehicle dock(the one without the integrated USB connector) is the only one that will be availble for the S3, so it looks like modified Infuse docks are going to be the only choice.
  15. scotty001

scotty001 Well-Known Member

Not scaremongering but spotted this a few days ago
    someone's SG3 go up in flames from the charging point possibly using an in car charger (possibly not Samsung) and could be the cause or what Samsung may say is the cause
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Run For Your Lives...Its The Killer Phone! | Coolsmartphone
  16. Doit2it

What's weird about that story is if you've watched the tear down video on YouTube the only thing in that area is the primary microphone and 3G antenna. Hope Samsung releases their findings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo93EF7rVIw
  17. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

Arkon has a couple Galaxy S 3 mounts. I Prefer the mobile grip, but if you have a big case you might want to check out the slim-grip. They're priced very reasonably:

Arkon Car Mounts for Samsung Galaxy III

[​IMG][​IMG]
  18. Woody4OU

Woody4OU Well-Known Member

please, no more photos of exploding phones. I carry mine in my pants.
  19. Fahrenheit85

Fahrenheit85 Well-Known Member

I had good luck with "Exomount Universal Car Mount". Here's the link www.exogear.com got it off amazon for $20.

Anyone see a Samsung branded car charger for a little cheaper then what Samsung wants for off there site?
  20. Davoo

Davoo Active Member

Rolo42 likes this.
  21. Reginald VelJohnson

Reginald VelJohnson Well-Known Member

am I living in crazy town? First Google removes USB mass storage support from ICS, now the manufacturer of what could possibly be the most popular Android handset ever can't be bothered to support it with basic accessories. So many incomprehensible decisions.

Nothing personal, but I hope you're wrong... I think you're right, though. Only hope is that this phone will be so popular that there will be OEM quality solutions available.
  22. Doit2it

Wouldn't it be sweeeeeet if they made a non contact (3 foot radius) induction charging dongle for the car! Probably be at least $100, but I'd have to buy that.
  23. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

I use a Tetrax magnetic mount on my Droid X and will be using it for the SGS3 as well. I plan to plant a NFC tag in the car to set it up for car use.