anyone still using blur that is overclocked

Last Updated:

1. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So now that we have overclock on 2.2, is there anybody still running a rooted stock DX with OC? Is the studder on the homescreens still there?

Advertisement
  2. makeshiftharmony

makeshiftharmony Member

what you you mean? the unlock? or from screen to screen?

3. jreed2560

Both. Any. All of the above.

4. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member

Im running blur overclocked
    no problems.

5. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

35% OC running OTA deodexed with LPP. It was nice and smooth before OC.

6. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member

with a 35% OC are you sure its not turtling? Could be the stuttering your seeing

7. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I'm not having any stuttering, jreed is.

8. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure jreed2560 is referring to home screen lag using Blur home and not any home replacement. Personally I love Blur but it sure is choppy when sliding from screen to screen.

GMB

9. jreed2560

Yes GMB that is exactly what I mean. I like alot of the things blur has to offer, but its tooooo choppy. Im happy running apex, but I demo my phone to customers and I would like to actually show them the phone without having to preface it with "This is the X but it wont look like this out of the box"

10. ericsch333

ericsch333 Well-Known Member

I am running 2.2 rooted with overclocking 1.3 64 with LP and it very fast. No lag and much better scrolling speed there is no chop.I was running rubix .3 and it's just as fast.

11. jreed2560

My question wasn't for those running custom roms or home replacements. Its for those running nothing but ota 2.2 and oc NOTHING ELSE.

12. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

I had stock 2.2 ota overclocked to 1.45 and it was running smooth. Or at least it was when the screen would respond. When I get my second replacement tomorrow I am rooting and leaving the stock rom on. I'll check back tomorrow night and let you know how that performs also. I'm kinda feeling the blur look and it comes with some good widgets anyway.

13. jreed2560

I did a nandroid back to stock ota. (what a pain because I forgot you have to skip gmail sign in so it doesn't auto restore you apps and settings!)Running OC, seems fine. My goal is this is to have a nice stable stock setup so I can demo it to customers. Some people have the studder some dont. I've always had it and I just wanted to see if OC helps. It does some. I appreciate all the responses and apologize for my initial post not being clear in exactly what I was looking for. I honestly prefer this stock look. Its just not smooth and polished enough for me to use everyday.

On a sidebar here: I noticed that the studder on the stock homescreen is a lot less noticable running a live wallpaper as opposed to a static wallpaper. Anybody else have a similar experience?

14. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

I run stock, rooted, build prop'd with some missing apps currently. No issues but I also don't OC as of now. I get the occasional studder when I come out of either the browser or youtube or go to the camera.

otherwise, nothing major. I should OC it and try again I sometimes wonder if the build prop is causing some of the studder.