anyone successfully get their upgrade moved?

Last Updated:

1. mikeydooodie

mikeydooodie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

mine is november for my main line(mine) but ive only been with verizon since november of 09. half the csr i talk to are idiots some ppl tell me i dont have an upgrade in november some give me an exact date, one told me i could upgrade immediately to the x. was just wondering if anyone was in my shoes but got it moved

Advertisement
  2. john_ecko

john_ecko Well-Known Member

3. Kapra

Kapra Member

My upgrade date was 6/14/11, and I'm upgrading tomorrow for the two year contract price. Just be polite, tell them what you want, and they'll more than likely be happy to help.

I accomplished this weeks ago via e-mail because I wasn't in rush but if you're at a loss for what to say to the Verizon rep my e-mails went something like this:

A bunch of boring stuff about being a loyal customer and having "problems outside of my control" with my current phone. Followed by, "I currently have a Droid X pre-ordered and as previously stated I would like to be able to upgrade to this phone at the promotional rate, how that happens is what I am looking to work out. I would like to speak with someone regarding this upgrade, and my account."

A Verizon rep then responded saying they would offer me one year contract pricing if I were to resign a one year contract. They also stated that I would have to go through them in order to purchase the phone. (This is where I screwed up, I should have ordered through them so I might have been one of the lucky 170 shipping errors...) Having pre-ordered already, I wanted to pick up my phone at Best Buy and I also wanted two year pricing so I responded to Vzw:

"The news in the most recent email is definitely to my liking but I do have some questions. It was stated that I would be able to upgrade with the one year promotional price if I were to sign a new one year contract. I would like to, if possible, receive the two year promotional price and resign a two year contract.

The phone that I am upgrading to is the Droid X, which I currently have pre-ordered at my local Best Buy since Verizon is not taking pre-orders at this time. I know that Best Buy is authorized to sell Verizon phones/contracts, and is able to provide me with upgrade discounts so long as my account says that I'm eligible. Is the upgrade option, detailed in my previous email, something that will be noted on my account so that I will be able to purchase my phone on release day, July 15th, through Best Buy?

Last week I spoke with someone at one of my local Verizon stores, the store in Coolidge Corner in Brookline, MA, I believe his name was Greg. Greg informed me that resigning a two year contract should not be a problem so that I receive the two year promotional price, and also mentioned that it shouldn't be an issue to purchase my phone through Best Buy so long as my account noted the circumstances.

If someone could answer my questions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!"

And the response from the Vzw rep, "The representative was allowing you a discount at one year pricing because you did not qualify for the two year pricing plan. However, I certainly appreciate your loyalty to Verizon Wireless. Therefore, I have requested your upgrade date to be changed to allow you to purchase a device at promotional prices at any Authorized location. Which means, you will be able to purchase the Droid X when it is available at the Best Buy location. The representatives at the Best Buy location as well as yourself will be able to see the change of your upgrade date within 24 hours of the transmission of this email."

4. mikeydooodie

mikeydooodie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok kapra i just tried that i mean they moved you up over a year to move me up a few months shouldnt be a problem :crosses fingers: