Anyone successfully Gold carded a locked Orange phone

Last Updated:

1. android1230

android1230 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Some people get the message "Network Lock" and others don't seem to have a problem. Would like to know the average success rate....let me know.

My P/N number is 99HHHMO22-00 and yet to try, don't fancy wasting my time if it doesn't work.

Advertisement
  2. jmfryer1978

jmfryer1978 Active Member

Tried mine last night. Successfully flashed back to generic ROM and it dutifully applied the 1st update, then the larger 2.1 update. "Great" I thought, it then re-booted and came up with "Network Lock" :mad:

One thing to note if you do try it this way, it will wipe everything off your phone so make sure you have backed up your apps and SMS messages if you want to keep them.

Also, take a picture of your home screens! I wish I'd done this before as I can't remember where I had everything now!

3. Captain Stu

Captain Stu Well-Known Member

I didn't need to goldcard mine, just wiped the SD, partitioned off a little section and then flashed it with VillainROM 12 and working wonderfully... pretty much. :D

4. zoidy84

zoidy84 Well-Known Member

may not be of any help to you but i have been able to do this just fine on an Orange locked Desire!

5. Captain Stu

Captain Stu Well-Known Member

From what I heard, Orange are the only ones you DON'T need to goldcard.

6. FuricTrax

FuricTrax Member

Hi All,

I know this is my first post so some maybe a bit weary but I have just managed to follow Moko76 process for a HTC Hero on Orange UK (a locked branded Orange version which I received in February with 2.73.61.66)

1. I Gold Carded
    2. Downgraded the firmware
    3. Went through the OTA update process, and then on boot got the Network locked message.
    I then got my unlock code from HTCCODE (it was sent via email as the program didn't seem to work correctly), entered the code in twice, the first time it said 'Network unlock successful' but still said Network locked on the home screen and was asking for a PIN, so under the advice from the guy at HTCCODE entered it again, and job done .

Hope this helps some, I am off on holiday Saturday so apologies if I don't reply for a few weeks for any help etc.