Anyone swap out their microSD for a 32gb one yet?Tips

Last Updated:

1. PetrinaH

PetrinaH New Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if any MyTouch 4g users out there have swapped their 8 gb micro sd card for a 32 gig one...

I'm thinking about doing so to get my entire ITunes collection on my phone thanks to Doubletwist and wondered if anyone on here had made the leap and if so what brand, what price and what store did you purchase from? Should I even dare to buy from Ebay?

Advertisement
  2. brinky

brinky Well-Known Member

I bought a Kingston 32gb off of newegg for $109. It seems to work just fine. Still haven't gotten all of my music and video on there yet.

You can find them cheaper on ebay and amazon, but you have to watch out for fakes. I didn't want the hassle so I paid a few extra bucks from a site I trust.

PetrinaH likes this.
  3. PetrinaH

PetrinaH New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks brinky! I've seen them on ebay today for about $50-$80- one from a very highly rated seller at that...hmmmm.

Did you have to do any formatting or was it just insert and go?

4. brinky

brinky Well-Known Member

What I did was copy my current SD card contents to my laptop through the USB cable, unmounted the card from the phone options, plugged in the new card at which point is gave that preparing SD card message in the notification bar on the phone. But I went ahead and formatted the card again just to be sure. Then I copied all the contents from the copy of the old SD card I had on my laptop back to my phone and it mostly worked.

Most of the custom notification sounds for my apps were wrong and I had to redo those, but other then that it worked fine.