Anyone switch from Hero to Evo ? Battery question pleaseSupport

Last Updated:

1. allenpaul75

allenpaul75 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello I was trying to search and use google with no luck ( from my Hero ) so I am sorry if this is a old question .... I am currently using a HTC Hero ( Sprint ) and am purchasing a HTC Evo next week and I was wondering if the battery consumption is similar or alot worse / better etc ... with my Hero I have like gps, wifi, bluetooth off and all the other tricks , I dont mind having all that disabled it never bother me as I really never use twitter , facebook and the gmail app works just fine for me. With my Hero I can get through the day always with all that disabled so any insight if the Evo is similar would be apreciated! Oh and I am not a former blackberry user that expects my phone to last six days on a charge ( ughh so tired of hearing that ) thanks

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

My Hero usually lasted about 16 hours on average and my EVO lasts about 12 hours on average with the same general usage on both.

EVO does use a lot more on 4g though if your going to be in an area with that. I don't use it so...

3. Matterof8th

Matterof8th Member

I came from the Hero to Evo, and honestly, once you get past the stage of taking it out and messing around with it when not actually needing to, it will probably last as long as you need, I barely notice any difference between the two. Especially if you can manage to plug it in at work or something for an hour or two.

but man, you WILL notice the difference in screen real-estate, the hero seems so small now, like 'how did I ever use that thing for anything'.

4. handler313

handler313 Well-Known Member

I just made the switch...the battery life is similar if you tweak it the same way. I average between 20-30 hours depending on what day it is.

My buddy who uses his a lot more than me (and has yet to use any of the suggestions I gave him) gets about 16 hours, but I bet he will get more once he starts using wifi at work instead of mobile networks.