Anyone switched from the DINC to the X?

Last Updated:

1. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If so, what are your opinions, and are you going to keep the X?

Advertisement
  2. lesscryptic2

lesscryptic2 Well-Known Member

ive only had the x for 10 minutes but so far im regretting my decision

the data is ridiculously slow compared to the incredible, even when the phone manages to get 3g

it spends half its time in 1x anyway

dont know if i got a dud phone or what but even my dads stupid htc touchpro2 is faster to load pages, sitting in the same room

3. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

The X is a lot better. There's a thread about switching on this forum somewhere. I had the Inc for a couple weeks and have had the X for 2 weeks, I would not want the Inc back.

4. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I just switched... no regrets. I also expect that there will be network issues today as they will most likely be overwhelmed. So far no problems to report.

edit: just can't seem some of my purchased apps yet.

5. Nolesfan

Nolesfan Well-Known Member

I ordered my X this morning in exchange for my Inc. The Inc is not really good as a phone and I'm hoping that the X is better

6. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Somethings messed up somewhere or it could be just really busy right now. My X loads much faster than my Inc did.

7. lesscryptic2

thats hopeful

given that i cant switch back, if it stays this bad, i would be pissed about this decision for two years haha

8. lesscryptic2

it cant be "really busy" because the touchpro2 is working fine

meh

9. krs123

krs123 Active Member

Switched out my DINC for the X this morning at 0800. I am in my residence now and cannot hardly make a call on the X. Never had any problems with the DINC and I had to use my work LG Accolade to talk to Verizon about this and having no problems with the LG in my residence and the X is right beside it and just lost service.

The X is showing a decent signal on standby- 2 bars and when I initiate the call the bars go away to no bars and the person I am trying to talk to (if the call goes through cannot hear me) We did a master reset no help...took the battery out and put back in no help. I had to go outside just to get a call to go through a few minutes ago.

THe signal will show 3G then back to 1X...what the crap is going on. Have I got a bad phone or what...I need some advice. Please.

Thanks

My closest tower is 2 miles away and I am in SC.

10. lesscryptic2

welcome to the club haha

not sure if i should be happy or sad to know that im not alone

11. lesscryptic2

taking the battery out helped

**** what the guy at the store said, im giving this thing a full charge now and we'll see how it does

12. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I have a -77 dBm signal but it shows only 1 bar (the smallest one). That's with it sitting on the desk. When I put my hand to the top of it I see the signal goes to -81 dBm but shows 3 bars. Not sure what's going on

13. bennec

bennec Well-Known Member

I can tell you that anybody in SC depending on where you are located could have problems with any phone. I have done fine with my Droid in Columbia, but when traveling on back roads across the state I have dropped calls a few times. I also know Verizon is still better in these remote SC areas and AT&T. My sister can't even use her phone in her house with AT&T in the upstate.

That sucks though. I sure hope I don't have those problems or I will return the phone. For all the great reviews the phone has gotten, if you can't make calls then it is useless.

14. krs123

krs123 Active Member

UPDATE...I just got back from Verizon store and got a new Droid X...no worries so far. The phone was bad...no other explanation. The phone I have now has worked flawlessly in the same areas that I could not make a call.

15. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Well-Known Member

I ordered my X through tech support this morning because of the shitty battery life on my DINC. 5 hours between charges just wasn't cutting it. they are exchanging it for me even up...

16. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

There is a known data issue going on today with the x's. Manager at VZW was talking about it today. All the managers were texting eachother about it, and thats why there is such a volume of calls on VZW. As well as ordering.

I ordered my X today. :)

Bye bye Inc!

17. budwizer

budwizer Well-Known Member

Nope, no switching for me.... I kept the Incredible and bought the X too; also still have my original Droid.

18. R.Giskard

R.Giskard Member

I didn't switch but my husband bought the DX today. I have decided to keep my Inc because I prefer the smaller size. I'm sure we'll have fun comparing the two. I think they're both really slick phones. Enjoy, everyone.