Anyone think it's....too big?

Last Updated:

1. dshinnick

dshinnick New Member This Topic's Starter

Ah, it seemed so great in the store. Then I took one home. After a while, it's beginning to feel too big! Feels heavy on my belt, big in my hand, my hand bumps into it while walking, and it feels like I have a large deck of cards to my ear when talking.

Did you feel this way and get over it? Or did it feel right to you from the beginning?

I talked to someone who had the EVO (same size as X, I understand) and he took it back 'cause it was just too darned big!

How 'bout you? Does size "matter" in this case?

dave

Advertisement
  2. Mutt Slayer

Mutt Slayer Member

I love the real estate. It's big....but I don't think i'd go back to my omnia size.

3. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I think it's the perfect size. It's thin and weighs less than a lot of other phone. My cousin has the original Droid and couldn't get over how much lighter mine was despite the size difference. Landscape mode is GREAT for texting and the browser looks beautiful this way as well. Honestly, after having it for 16 days....I think anything smaller would feel akward to me at this point and very cramped. But it isn't for everyone...

4. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Im the same way i love the size not to big and i love the screen I dont think i could go back to anything smaller now after having the X

5. BigBruDa3rd

BigBruDa3rd Well-Known Member

Same here my brother came over today to show me his Iphone4 and to check out the X. He loves the size and i aint gonna lie the Iphone screen is pretty and the OS is smooth but... The screen is so tiny compared to my X. Opened a web page could see only half the page my X displays. Iphone screen feels cramp and small. Could not go back to such a small screen. Even my old phone HTC Imagio seems small and it has a 3.6 incher.

6. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Member

I agree. I came to the DX from the TP2 and I love the DX's form. A great big screen that makes everything look great without the added weight that TP2's hardware keyboard added. Now whenever I pull out my TP2 I feel like it is small & clunky. But then again I have a petite female co-worker who has the HTC MyTouch. In her tiny hands my DX is like holding a tablet PC. She commented that it was too big for her taste.

7. rembrandtqeinstein

rembrandtqeinstein Member

If I was using the DX as a phone primarily (I know sounds funny), then I think the size is a bit on the large size for me. However, I use it as a web browser, email program, text machine, skype, etc... and the size is great for a portable device.

8. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I love the size of the X not too big at all for me. I use the shell holster combo for mine and it feels perfect on my side.

9. ndfan4u

ndfan4u Well-Known Member

I too thought it was a bit big when I first got it but after 2 weeks I don't think I can give it up. I love the big screan when taking pics and video.

10. lilcal70

lilcal70 Well-Known Member

its a big phone but in my opinion its in no way too big..i came from a storm 2 & in comparison this phones a giant ha but i've had it since it came out& now i can't imagine going back..this phone feels perfect :)

11. Theibault

Theibault Well-Known Member

It weighs less than my Droid and I love the screen real estate, so for me, no.

12. NickDroid86

NickDroid86 Well-Known Member

That's what she said

13. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

Just clearing 1 thing up...

The Droid X is a good bit larger than the Evo.

14. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Well-Known Member

I am coming from an iPhone 3G to the Droid X and it is definitely MUCH bigger but it is the perfect size for my monstrous hands. I have been using my Droid X for over a week now and I just picked up my iPhone 3G today to use in my car and return a call, and wow what a difference it was.

15. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

It's barely any bigger than the Evo. I stacked them when I got mine on the 15th. lol Wouldn't notice a size diff unless comparing/looking at them closely like what I did. :p

And regarding the OP; for me it was the perfect size from the start. Was different from what I was use to, but a good different.

16. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

The EVO is slightly wider than the X.

The X is slightly longer than the EVO.

17. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Maybe on paper, but have you held an X? It feels much smaller because it is so thin and the screen is a little narrower making it easier to grip. My wife agrees.

18. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

I never mind the size...that is until I slapped a case/cover over it...

19. Dmordarski

Dmordarski Well-Known Member

Have you felt the weight of a Droid 1!?!? The x is a bunch lighter, after using a droid 1 , I love the screen, I rooted a friends droid and I thought man this screen is small, the size difference of the actual units is negligible at best.

20. double

double Well-Known Member

Pu55y JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. wharpig

wharpig Well-Known Member

yeah its hard to cover it up...after that its bulky...i removed mine.

22. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

I love the size, dont know if I could go back to a smaller screen.

23. HumanMachine

HumanMachine Member

It's perfect for me. Any bigger would be too much. The vibrant seems to be a tiny bit too small... Maybe I'm just the right size for the X?

24. john_ecko

john_ecko Well-Known Member

It grows on you (no pun intended) haha. After a while, you won't really notice how big it is. You'll only notice if you hold say an incredible or in my case, messing around with your old storm 1. Such a strange feeling lol.

25. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

I get that all the time ;)

If ya know what I mean