• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone think it's....too big?

dshinnick

Lurker
Jan 5, 2010
Ah, it seemed so great in the store. Then I took one home. After a while, it's beginning to feel too big! Feels heavy on my belt, big in my hand, my hand bumps into it while walking, and it feels like I have a large deck of cards to my ear when talking.

Did you feel this way and get over it? Or did it feel right to you from the beginning?

I talked to someone who had the EVO (same size as X, I understand) and he took it back 'cause it was just too darned big!

How 'bout you? Does size "matter" in this case?

dave

I think it's the perfect size. It's thin and weighs less than a lot of other phone. My cousin has the original Droid and couldn't get over how much lighter mine was despite the size difference. Landscape mode is GREAT for texting and the browser looks beautiful this way as well. Honestly, after having it for 16 days....I think anything smaller would feel akward to me at this point and very cramped. But it isn't for everyone...

Upvote 0
Same here my brother came over today to show me his Iphone4 and to check out the X. He loves the size and i aint gonna lie the Iphone screen is pretty and the OS is smooth but... The screen is so tiny compared to my X. Opened a web page could see only half the page my X displays. Iphone screen feels cramp and small. Could not go back to such a small screen. Even my old phone HTC Imagio seems small and it has a 3.6 incher.

Upvote 0
I think it's the perfect size. It's thin and weighs less than a lot of other phone. My cousin has the original Droid and couldn't get over how much lighter mine was despite the size difference. Landscape mode is GREAT for texting and the browser looks beautiful this way as well. Honestly, after having it for 16 days....I think anything smaller would feel akward to me at this point and very cramped. But it isn't for everyone...

I agree. I came to the DX from the TP2 and I love the DX's form. A great big screen that makes everything look great without the added weight that TP2's hardware keyboard added. Now whenever I pull out my TP2 I feel like it is small & clunky. But then again I have a petite female co-worker who has the HTC MyTouch. In her tiny hands my DX is like holding a tablet PC. She commented that it was too big for her taste.

Upvote 0
Just clearing 1 thing up...

The Droid X is a good bit larger than the Evo.

It's barely any bigger than the Evo. I stacked them when I got mine on the 15th. lol Wouldn't notice a size diff unless comparing/looking at them closely like what I did. :p

And regarding the OP; for me it was the perfect size from the start. Was different from what I was use to, but a good different.

Upvote 0
Ah, it seemed so great in the store. Then I took one home. After a while, it's beginning to feel too big! Feels heavy on my belt, big in my hand, my hand bumps into it while walking, and it feels like I have a large deck of cards to my ear when talking.

Did you feel this way and get over it? Or did it feel right to you from the beginning?

I talked to someone who had the EVO (same size as X, I understand) and he took it back 'cause it was just too darned big!

How 'bout you? Does size "matter" in this case?

dave

Pu55y JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones