• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone thinking about going to the Nexus One on the 23rd?

N1 on the 23rd?

• Sticking with my Droid.

Votes: 113 81.3%
  • Going to check out the N1.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters
Unh uh. Okay, I coveted it briefly in Dec -- snapdragon, amoled, ... but as it actually materialized, not so much.

I'm hard pressed to think of anything I ever wanted the Droid to be that it isn't, & the list of things I still want to try keeps me interested.

Besides, what would an apps oinker like me do with 70 less MB of storage space. Course if this is a function of 2.1, expect/hope I'll be finding out real soon.

Upvote 0
I'm happy with my Droid, while I don't use the physical keyboard a lot, I still don't want a phone without one. And with all the great roms out there, you pretty much get everything the nexus has anyway. I believe the fastest anyone has gotten the nexus so far is like 1.1ghz, and rumors are it might not go much farther, so the droid clocks faster as well. I haven't seen any benchmarks though to see if it really is or not, but I don't care. My droid is fast enough for me, I want the keyboard, and I love the solid metal construction.

Upvote 0
Nope. I have owned my last HTC device. HTC has nice software (Sense UI), but the hardware is not built to last like the Droid. I don't expect the Nexus One to be any better. The perfect phone would be one with software by HTC and hardware by Motorola. But, as it stands, I can live with basic software. I can't live with mediocre hardware.

Upvote 0
The ONLY N1 feature that I'm missing from my Droid that I REALLY want is full 2.1. I want full 2.1 really bad but not enough to go through the trouble of moving from the Droid to N1 in the middle of my contract period.

I hate that I have to root and hack the shit out of my phone just to get cool 2.1 features but other than that and a few other minor issues, I'm VERY content with my Droid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones