• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone tried Sirius with 2.2 and flash?

Yeah on the original Droid with the leaked 2.2 (way back when) the Sirius app had a weird issue where it would play for a minute or so then suddenly loop back to the point in the song where it first started. If you weren't paying close attention, it would just seem like the song went on forever, lol.

I haven't tried it on the X yet, but it's nice to hear it may not be an issue.

Unfortunately the website player still does not work although it seems like the Flash component itself is working like it should. I got all the way up to actually selecting the channel and hitting the play button but no sound. I believe it uses media player to actually stream the music and not Flash or else it would work. This was probably done on purpose to help circumvent mobile playback. If someone could come up with a media player plugin, it might work.

Upvote 0
I am using the sirius app right now on my DX(2.2) and it is working perfectly. I had an original droid and now the droid x but on both phone I had the issue of the looping. I think it happens when there is a network problem, or you lose your data connection for like a second and it comes back. I'm not sure I'm just throwing out suggestions. What always fixes it though for was closing the app, using my task killer and killing the app, and then relaunching sirius.

Upvote 0
i have a dx running 2.1 and the sirius app audio seems to cut out and random intervals. and sometimes it returns quickly, but other times it takes several minutes. i hope they update the app not with 2.2 coming out.

This is more based on your connection, I would think. What I like to do is make sure I turn it to airplane mode first, turning that off, and then turning on the Sirius XM app....tends to make it keep going at a solid connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones