• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone tried the GripGo?

CEV

Apr 16, 2010
Searched the forum, and no mention of this product. Has anyone tried this? Can be seen at getgripgo.com. If you've tried it, please post your comments, good or bad. I'm seriously considering getting it. Could be the last mount I ever buy as would work with any phone and could even try my tablet with it. That's providing it actually works, I mean.

Well, I went ahead and ordered it. Had to run through the usual routine of infomercial companies trying to sell you additional stuff. It is only $10, but it is $10 for two. And there is no additional option, unless you want additional BOGO sets. Then they charge you $7.95 shipping and handling, and that is per set. So my total for 2 came to $25.90. And that's fine with me, as long as it works as advertised. Now another funny part is they tried to sell me the Deluxe package, which they say states will for over 3,000 times and also comes with the lifetime guarantee. But if the non-deluxe item has a lifetime guarantee to stick, then why would you need the deluxe version!! That was $5 more, but I opted out of that.

When it does arrive, I'll report back here with my findings.

Upvote 0
Here is the review from Amazon.com
1.0 out of 5 stars Total RIP OFF!!!! January 3, 2013
By Donna
First of all, when ordering my order was doubled and there was no opportunity to review my order before it was sent.
Second, the ad states that it works with your cell phone with or without your cell phone case. I used it BOTH ways and it did NOT stay mounted with the case, even in the house! It stayed on without the case but NOT if you needed to plug your phone in to be charged while using it. I use my cell phone for GPS and it is necessary to use the cord or the GPS app drains my battery.
Last, shippping was $31.80 for the FOUR Gripgos they sent me, which is NON refundable, so if I return them I will only get a refund of $20.00 less the Postage it cost me to mail them back!
So they don't care if you like them or not....they made money anyway!

Upvote 0
Sorry for not getting back to this sooner.

Regarding the Amazon review. Yes, it is true that you cannot order just one. Plus they tack on about $7.50 for EACH one. So when all was said and done, it was roughly $28 for two of them. The ordering process is also long drawn out in that at each next screen they try to sell you something else. As long as you read everything though it is fine.

As far as the device itself, I do like it overall. The neck on it is longer than normal so I have been experimenting on a couple of different locations. It does work though. I use a case on my GS3 and it worked as advertised. I used it on a 4 hour trip both ways over Christmas. I had the charging cable plugged into the phone as well. It did fall off once, but I just think I did not push it on well enough that one time. I first attached it to a dash mount I have and it does stick out a ways. I bumped it a couple of times pretty good and the part that attaches to the arm via a ball came off, but the mount itself was still sticking to the phone so I just snapped it back onto the ball. It does take two hands to remove the phone and you must remove it at an angle. If you try to pull it straight off, it will not.

Any other questions, let me know.

Upvote 0
Glad you like the product after seeing that amazon review!

You'll get a kick out of this, I'm dyslexic, and when I saw the thread title, I saw gojo. https://www.gojohandsfree.com/?tag=im|sm|go|tm&a_aid=011&a_bid=57281d62

I was thinking oh, my, maybe the android community is not something to belong to LOL

I will not call any of those places, for the reason of the 3rd degree you got put through, and they all do that now days. I just wait for them to show up in the local store, which they do if they are very good. Some of those products that get the goofy ads and tack on a bunch of junk tactics are unique and good inventions. Best thing I ever got to trim my three rat/dogs claws with is a battery powered low speed dremal like thing with a guard to protect them. I probably spent $50 on conventional clippers trying to find something that wouldn't twist the claw sideways or split the claw, and then you've got sharp claws for days. This thing was like $15 and sands them smooth, rounded, and they aren't afraid, so it's no longer a battle to get them trimmed.

Upvote 0
iGrip - iGrip Universal Car Mount Solutions Overview @DayDeal_com - YouTube

I use this car mount and love it. Never has fallen off the windshield. Very easy to use and has additional holders that you can purchase. (Without having to buy a whole new mount.) I have been using mine for over 2 years now and it was worth the money. I can have my phone charging as well. If you order one, go to the companies website to order.

iGRIP - Holding Solutions for Cell Phones, Navigation Devices & MP3 Players

Upvote 0
It's an ok product. Mine did slip off twice. You want to be sure it gets a good grip when putting it on their. They do suggest to clean it off once in awhile. I love the concept though and did find another product I like and am currently using. It is the iMagnet Mount ? Seemless magnetic mounting solution for smartphones and tablets. I don't like the name though. It does work very good with my thin Seidio case. It has never fallen off, but I do wish the magnet was a bit stronger.

Upvote 0
Searched the forum, and no mention of this product. Has anyone tried this? Can be seen at getgripgo.com. If you've tried it, please post your comments, good or bad. I'm seriously considering getting it. Could be the last mount I ever buy as would work with any phone and could even try my tablet with it. That's providing it actually works, I mean.

Hey CEV! After searching for a secure car phone mount I came across the GripGo so I thought I would check out some reviews. I don't think I came across 1 positive review! Everyone is saying that their phone has either 'broken' because of the GripGo or the GripGo itself has broken. There are plenty of YouTube videos out there that show the GripGo in use and each review says that it didn't work for them. I tried out the Breffo Spiderpodium, and I have to say, I am extremely impressed with it!! You should check it out if you are looking for a car mount for your phone or GPS.

Upvote 0
Clingo - Universal Mobile Device Accessories - those things used to be in every store for $15-$20 about a year ago, but it never caught on. The plastic hardware was cheap and flimsy, and they were designed for smaller lighter devices. With today's phablets and smartphones with extended batteries - you need a stronger grip, something similar to new sticky gel stuff used on Arkon or iOttie base mounts.

I always thought in a back of my mind about an experiment of using my Arkon mobile grip 2 or slim grip ultra base mounts to use for a phone mount lol!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones