• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root anyone tried the perfect storm?

I'm running it now. Substantial increase in battery life. Whatever bloat was draining the crap out of my battery is now gone. And its just smoother. I'm sitting in jury duty now and I've been playing angry birds and word feud for an hour and lost 4 percent battery. Stable too.

I cant wait to root and flash this hopefully I can get great battery life like you are getting.

Upvote 0
No updates from Dev. Virus Rom better imho

Dude the ROM hasn't even been out for a week, why does the dev need to update it? I ran all of Chiny's ROMs on the Inc and I assure you he pumps out updates and all are better than the previous version. He has released a good amount of Mods already, btw.

Virus is a Release Candidate, not a beta and not an official release that's why it's already been updated and will continue to be. Perfect Storm is an official release and doesn't need constant tweaks and revisions.

I respect people's opinions, but your comment is ignorant. If you gave an actual reason why Virus is better than Perfect Storm then great, but to say one is better than the other because it's been updated is foolish.

For what it's worth, I'm currently running Virus as well.

Upvote 0
Dude the ROM hasn't even been out for a week, why does the dev need to update it? I ran all of Chiny's ROMs on the Inc and I assure you he pumps out updates and all are better than the previous version. He has released a good amount of Mods already, btw.

Virus is a Release Candidate, not a beta and not an official release that's why it's already been updated and will continue to be. Perfect Storm is an official release and doesn't need constant tweaks and revisions.

I respect people's opinions, but your comment is ignorant. If you gave an actual reason why Virus is better than Perfect Storm then great, but to say one is better than the other because it's been updated is foolish.

For what it's worth, I'm currently running Virus as well.

Becuase going through the post he was talking about adding all these things. When he "wakes up". And other things. He always said he would make a .zip for people and hasnt yet so I got tired of it

EDIT:I just like the look of virus rom to. I dont like the stock look. Anyways I saw the post here he made the zips.

Upvote 0
Why then get a sense phone if you are just going to put a rom on that isnt sense?

for the hardware. why root your phone in the first place if you dont want to chagne it? ive rooted 3 htc phones now,and 1 original droid. htc phones are IMO less of a pain to mod.

also the TB is the only 4.3" screen,4g phone on verizons network right now.

so if i want a verizon phone im comfortable modding,i want 4g and a 4.3" screen,and i dont want sense what do you suggest,i buy good sir?? :thinking: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I just like the look of virus rom to. I dont like the stock look. Anyways I saw the post here he made the zips.

i like the look of the virus rom,too.however, i am also a fan of chingys roms,and i bet perfect storm is good. incredibly re-engineered was a sense rom,but it dint look stock... it had a good look and an awsome feel. its in fact,the only sense rom i ever really liked and went back to now and then.

i like virus,but i dont root my phone to only change the rom once! ill still give this one a shot in a day or 2. or mebbe tomorow :p

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones