1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Anyone Tried "Yandex Shell" Launcher?

1. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

Advertisement
  2. Str187

Str187 New Member

Yeah I installed it and its amazingly similar to SBP 3D Shell... Probably SBP's codes are stolen or something. EDIT: I just found out that Yandex bought SBP software.

The weird thing is once the application started, it said something in Russian and all of a sudden all the application's language changed to my native language (which is Turkish)
    So in my opinion the app. searches for your location and translates itself to the native language of the place you currently are.

Hope this helps

I am still trying to find a way to change the language to English btw =)
  3. Mr. Lucky

Thanks for the info. Coincidentally, it updated on Play today, and now states that it "is available free for users in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Turkey." It didn't say that previously. Also, the Web interface now says "This app is incompatible with all of your devices" and when the message box is expanded, "This item cannot be installed in your device's country" for each of my devices. I already have SPB installed, but I wonder what would happen if someone from outside those countries sideloaded it (you don't have to search hard to find the .apk). Would it switch language, would it refuse to load, or ... ?
  4. Mr. Lucky

Are you sure it's not the other way around? Their website and the Play page both have the Union Jack in evidence everywhere. Also, I noticed this on the WHAT'S NEW page:

What's in this version:
    1. Fix "black screen" problem on tablets with Android 4.0
    2. Fix weather updating
    3. Fix Yandex.Search widget
    4. Improved layouts
    5. Other bugfixes
    There is obviously some sort of affiliation (but I don't know if this info was there previously).
  5. Bren S.

Bren S. Well-Known Member

Wow this launcher looks great!! Wish it was in english though.
  6. adaportal

adaportal New Member

I'm a Galaxy Note 7000 user and I've been using yandex shell for about 5 months and has some serious issues, such as, shell needs to be restarted everytime you exit an app, thats realy iritating and vaste of time and it takes about 5-10 sec to reload, during that time you can not do anything at all.