anyone try Bugless Beast V1.2 yet?

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

it was released yesterday anyone try this yet

and ih ave a question about this opiton Extreme (Removes: Car Home, Corp Calendar, Email, IM, Live Wallpapers)

i would like to remove all of those except for car home..any way to do this?

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I think you can remove them all manually by just renaming the APKs.

3. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member

initial reports from what im reading from another thread dont sound too promising. i had alot of issues with 1.1, maybe ill give 1.2 a shot to see if it helps. will keep you updated.

4. Ninthwonder

Ninthwonder Well-Known Member

I have been running 1.2 since it released and have had no issues so far... except that it reverts back to the stock theme for myself... everything else has been running smooth

5. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

I'm using 1.2 (with the glass skin) and I haven't noticed any problems at all really. I switched to it from that blackdroid Ultimate ROM and prior to that I was using BB 0.7.8 (which I had since it came out). I'm pretty content to not change to another ROM until Verizon gets the Nexus One.. or until a "better" ROM comes out. :rolleyes: :D

Edit: Ok so voice search doesn't work with BB 1.2. *sigh* There's always something... lol...

6. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Issues I have with the 1.2 release is that Voice search doesn't work. It force closes. Also, today my in call speakerphone wasn't working. Not sure if it's all related to Voice search.

7. iamloco724

seems everyone is having problem with the voice search..not a big deal for me..im still on 1.1 for now i havnt had any problems with it then i can say are certainly the rom

i dont see much difference in changes on 1.2 so i might just stay where i am for now unless i run into problems

8. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Speakerphone problems can happen regardless of ROM...I had them even before I rooted, so that may be more likely not a BB 1.2 issue. I'm using BB 1.2 w/glass screen and adamz kernel, and speakerphone works fine.

Aside from the voice search FC it all seems good on 1.2.

9. iamloco724

what exactly is the speakerphone problem does it not work at all or is it the quality

10. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

FWIW Voice search works on BB 1.1, I have been using 1.1 since last Thursday without any issues..

11. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

In my experience, it just meant that no one could hear me talking when on speakerphone...I could hear them fine.

Reboot always fixed it.

12. socalrailroader

socalrailroader Well-Known Member

I am running BB 1.2 and tried that twice, but people still can't hear me when talking on the Speakerphone. My Google Voice Search is also broken (force closes when you try to use it). I may go back to 1.0, it was 100% stable for me at 1.1 Ghz (as is the 1.2 with Adamz Kernel), but those two things worked fine :)

13. socalrailroader

Okay, I flashed back to BB 1.0, and I got my Voice Search and Speakerphone working again, woo hoo! I am not moving again until something major comes along, like a 2.1 ROM based on the OTA 2.1, whenever that gets released.

On that note, did I mention how EASY it is with Android to flash back and forth between roms? No? I am now :D Also, with Nandroid backup it's simple to go back to what worked if your new ROM is a bummer. With Windows Mobile/Phone, it completely wiped the phone everytime you flashed a new ROM, so you had to reload all your apps, contacts, etc each time.

14. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

I initially flashed 1.2 over 1.0 with the update.zip, but I was having major issues with all my apps FC. I dunno if I just used update.zip method too many times or what, but I went ahead and did a full wipe. All my issues seem to have gone away, however I also have the voice search bug. It still works in handcent for voice input from the stock keyboard, but all searches fail. Seems like something might have gotten corrupted and he just didn't notice, since he says he didn't touch it.

15. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

I posted impressions in another thread. My main gripe was the Voice Search. That made me uninstall it.

Pictures are in the other thread as well.

16. socalrailroader

Somebody found a fix for the Voice Search over at alldroid, though I don't know if it will fix the Speakerphone issue.

[ROM 2.0.1] Bugless Beast V1.2 (3/1/10) STABLE

17. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

Eh, I'll wait. I'm trying DroidMod for the first time. Doesn't seem too different than stock at the moment. But that's ok. Oh, I need to test videos and make sure they work. That's a bit issue with me.

18. socalrailroader

I like DroidMod 1.0, though I wish I could push the speeds past 800 with it. I can get it up to 1.1 Ghz stable with Adamz Kenel and Bugless Beast 1.0 and 1.2 though.

19. socalrailroader

Well, I was up anyway, so I thought I'd give BB 1.2 a go again. I flashed it, and after the reboot I then copied the VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk to my SD Card, after which I went into SUfbs and installed it, it replaced the one in system/app with no problems, and I am happy to say not only did it fix the VoiceSearch problem but it also fixed the Speakerphone issue! I then installed the Glass Theme and AdamzKernel. After all that was done, I went into SetCPU and put it at 1.1 Ghz, and my Droid is EXACTLY how I want it and runs stable, true and cool, woo hoo!