Anyone upgraded to the Hero and kept their old plan?

Last Updated:

1. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the "Fair and Flex Family 550" plan with 3 lines and have an unlimited Data add-on to my line only.

My current phone is a Palm Pro that I got from Craiglist and was able to activate without changing plans, can I do the same with a Hero?
    Anyone have a similar experience, please chime in.

If I have to change plans (will cost me a lot of $$$) then I might wait for the EVO as well.

Advertisement
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

hi,

you should not have any issues activating any sprint phone on your account... as long as it is not a stolen or lost phone.

3. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

They made me upgrade my plan to one of the everything plans, that may only apply if your getting the phone on a new contract though. But I'd definitely wait for the Evo if I were you.

4. lsutiger

lsutiger Active Member

I was on a third party employee plan for 11 years. They made me upgrade, but I do not have a new contract, just a new plan. It's still month to month.
    I bought my phone on ebay, not from Sprint.
    I chose the Everything 450. If you do not call landlines or vice versa alot, this is a sweet plan.

5. alanzer

alanzer Well-Known Member

They made me change my plan even though I had unlimited data. The 450 Everything plan is really nice though. And much cheaper than I was paying last time.

6. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am guessing there is no other way, but upgrading, if I want to any smart phone. :rolleyes: