1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Anyone use Beautiful Widgets or Weather and Toggle Widget on the X?Accessories

1. kishin14

kishin14 Well-Known Member

One of these will likely be my first purchase from the app store. If anyone has any experience with these apps or have an opinion on which one they like more, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any suggestions on similar customization apps (paid or free) would also be helpful. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

I have used both and I would say that Beautiful Widgets is my favorite.
    kishin14 likes this.
  3. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

beautiful widgets are better
    weather toggle is mehhhhhhhhhhhhh.......save your money for a better app
    kishin14 likes this.
  4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

thanks for the recommendation. i'm going to buy that.

steven

PS: I'm also going to move this to accessories! :p
  5. Commoncentz

Commoncentz Member

I'm using beautiful widgets in conjunction with Launcher Pro and can say that my layout is much more appealing, though the stock droid X layout isn't all that bad!
  6. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

I have seen more moved post in the past 3 days then I have in 6 months:p
  7. kishin14

kishin14 Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the quick responses! I think I'll go with beautiful widgets.
  8. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

yes....and frankly i'm exhausted! :rolleyes: :D
  9. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

GOOD MAN!

i actually recommended for us that do not like shadowblur to try :

LWP launcher
    ADW " "
    beautiful widgets and then download the beautiful live wallpaper
    pure grid calendar widget
    pure messaging widget

these should give your phone more personality, considering that pure/beautiful widgets "home" is skinnable. the combination of the list above can give you a "htc sense" like setup.

Personally i am using the "destroy" skin. i find it fits my phone perfectly....anything in its path, gets destroyed :p
  10. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

goood thing the jedi force is strong, those little arms couldnt bear the weight of all this moving:cool:
  11. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

12. bobomatic

bobomatic Well-Known Member

also try the. beautiful live weather
  13. bbuck002

bbuck002 Well-Known Member

yeah using beautiful widgets-obseidian(sp?) skin and the beautiful live weather wallpaper, i really like them. i'm not really trying to recreate htc sense on my phone but i like the way some things look...
  14. 1stAndroid

1stAndroid Well-Known Member

Is that Beautiful Live Wallpaper downloaded directly from the market place or from within Beautiful Widgets? I got BW but can't find the wall paper anywhere.

thanks
  15. QuasiNerd

QuasiNerd Well-Known Member

Hi,

I know this is an old question, but I was searching for opinions on these 2 apps, so I figured I'd throw out an answer while I'm here ;)

Beautiful Live Wallpaper is a separate app, downloaded from the market, designed to work with Beautiful Widgets.

Side note: try both apps out (BW and W&TW) but make sure to return one within 24 hours for a refund. That way you can see for yourself what works best for you. I will do this if I can't find anything saying that one app is a clear winner over the other.
  16. LogicX

LogicX Member

Beautiful widgets is great. There are so many skins available!