anyone use chinese bluetooth keyboard for galaxy s?Support

Last Updated:

1. idian

idian New Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. ogami_ito

ogami_ito Active Member

As I'm in China I could not see the pics of the keyboard, so I don't know what it looks like. But the cheap onces I saw here are sort of clamshell like and way to small. I think Nokia and Apple made some pretty good bluetooth wireless keyboards that work with Android, but I don't know which are the good ones that have reasonable size.

BTW if your not a touch typer the small cheap Chinese no-brand ones are OK. Good to buy on Taobao.

3. SquidgyB

SquidgyB Member

I have the black version - it doesn't work; yet.

It's the kind of thing we'll get working once CM6 comes along, or some enterprising soul gets SPP/HID devices (or even simple pairing with these devices) working.

I've been playing with hciconfig/hcitool, but they don't appear to "see" the bluetooth on the phone when invoked through adb. I'm not nearly skilled enough to get this working myself.

The fact that mymobilegear.com's GamePro works with the zeemote points to there being a solution, if someone can only get it working...

Oh, and a word of warning - if you see claims on manufacturers websites saying they work on android, this may not necessarily be true for the SGS. The chinese keyboard you've linked (I've seen it as an "itom" keyboard on ebay) has android drivers on the disk, but the Samsung implementation of bluetooth on the SGS doesn't work with it - possibly in the same way that Sense is mucking up bluetooth on HTC devices.

4. gemini8026

gemini8026 New Member

I hate to bump an old thread....

I saw one of these on Ebay, so I figured for 10$, Id try out getting it to work. Ive tried EVERY and any bluetooth driver/link/app I could, and could not get my Galaxy S to work with this unit. I wanted to play some light games/txt with it.

Anyone had any luck?!? It comes with a driver, but the darn thing doesnt activate on my Galaxy S. Tried everything :D

5. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Are you on 2.2, because Samsung added HID profile support, so this may well work with Froyo...

6. gemini8026

gemini8026 New Member

thats encouraging news! Im in Canada, so still just 2.1 here. UNPATIENTLY waiting for 2.2 :)