Anyone Use GV Exclusively?

Last Updated:

1. jmccarthy14

jmccarthy14 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Like to utilize my new GV number, but the difficulty integrating SMS and incoming calls with the built-in contacts program has me reluctant.

Any success stories of (heavy) gv use with their motodroid?

Advertisement
  2. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

I use strictly gv. sms is slow cause its not instant, but no probs so far with incoming calls and contacts prog (hadnt heard there were any probs with that).

3. jmccarthy14

Well do the incoming calls appear as a google number(like they do with texts?) or as their actual number. If its the former I guess you could do the same trick you do with google texts.

Do you find it a huge hassle adding everyones google-text-number to their contacts, and/or not being able to use the SMS app? Have you found a replacement app that uses google voice SMS or do you find running the google voice app before calling/texting to be fine.

It seems like setting outgoing calls to use GV is simple enough, and runs without a hitch on default apps, but I'm curious if using the GV SMS is worth forgoing any SMS app.

4. Dragoro

Nah incoming calls show as they do in my contacts, didnt need to make any changes. I just use the gvoice app to send sms. I only need the app for sms and reading voicemails. It depends on how much texting you do and how safisticated an sms app you need. The gv app is fine for me, and remember, its just came out, itll get better over time.

5. jmccarthy14

yeah trying it now, and looks like i won't even have to add 'gvoice numbers' to contact list unless i want texts forwarded to my native. Which doesn't seem that much better than gvoice app.

Maybe I'll give it a shot. Tried texting gvoice number and it recieved it very very quickly. Only gripe right now is gv being 'less cool looking' than default sms app, and that the notifications don't give you a text preview like normal SMS. Other than that, nice.

6. Dragoro

Supposedly gv sms is push every 5 mins. Many have reported getting em faster.

7. jmccarthy14

In GV texts, do you see the thumbnails for people? I click 'view contact' and the contact it sends me to has a picture/thumbnail, but in the GV text overview it just shows the generic android icon next to her name. Is this just me?