Anyone use Light Flow?General

1. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried using Light Flow on this phone? I want to see if I can change some of the LED colors for specific notifications.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Yes... and there is a bug with Talkback on the S4. That is to say, light flow works great but when you enable it the phone speaks back to you too and it's stupid annoying.
  3. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

OK then. Thanks for telling me this. I won't install it.
  4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

It'll still work with SOME apps, just not with all (unless you want to deal with the bug).
  5. ParishL31

ParishL31 Well-Known Member

I tried Light Flow, didn't have much success to have it do what I wanted. But then again I didn't try very hard and was lazy.

Gave Light Manager a shot and it works exactly the way I want it to.
    zebug likes this.
  6. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Light Flow works fine if you just want to control the colour and speed of LED notifications for your apps, which is the primary purpose of the app.

There are additional notification types that you can get but these require you to enable Light Flow in Accessibility Services and this is what causes the talkback problem but it works perfectly well otherwise.

I like it but don't enable it in Accessibility Services. As Kelmar says, it is "stupid annoying" if you do that.
  7. Sevael

Sevael New Member

I've had nothing but issues with Light Flow on the S4. It works fine for a little bit, then it never shuts off. The LED never stops blinking when the screen is off, even when all notifications are cleared. Even after a factory reset, it still has the same issue. Uninstalled it.
  8. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

I use light flow just fine. I only have it set for gmail, sms, mms,missed calls and low battery though. Works perfectly and goes away after I tap the light flow notification in the pull down after getting a text or something. I never touched anything in the accessibility section so never had that annoying talkback bug.

Sevael, does your issue happen with the phone unplugged too? I noticed, by default, that light flow will use the LED anytime the phone is plugged in so I had to turn that one off myself....just a guess.

I think I'll look at light manager too just to see if I'm missing anything. Thanks ParishL31 for the idea.
  9. andrewpmoore

andrewpmoore Well-Known Member

If you choose to use it again, let me know. Most shutting off issues are related to a couple of things. One being which method of clearing the notification is set. I'm also adding a new method for a release tomorrow which will allow you to switch off the led when the phone is unlocked which will be handy (especially given the accessibility service issues on the s4). I'm really hoping the s4 issue gets fixed soon by samsung as it eats up 90% of my development time doing support regarding the issue. They are aware of it and are supposed to have a fix coming.
    SirLance99 and Kelmar like this.
  10. Sevael

Sevael New Member

It was mainly for SMS, as that is the most common alert I receive. At first it works fine -- I receive an SMS, the light blinks at my set rate in the color I chose, I unlock the phone and go into the stock messages app and its own notification disappears as I read the SMS. I then lock the phone and the LED stays off.

It continues working that way for a while. Then after some time has passed, I receive an SMS and follow the same steps as above and when locking the phone after reading the text, the LED continues to flash. The stock messages app's notification has cleared itself, but the LED still blinks when the phone is locked. The only way to make it stop is to go into Light Flow and disable the app.

This happens both when plugged in and not plugged in. Makes no difference.

My phone is rooted, but this happens whether the root functionality in the app is checked or unchecked.

I haven't tried the manual option because I don't want to have the extra step of pulling down the curtain and clicking Clear every time.
  11. s4ny

s4ny Member

When using the battery charging notification (red) I noticed a bug on my Galaxy S4.
    The battery is 90% charged and the red notification (charging) turns into the charged mode (green in my case).:D

Is there a way to fix this problem?
  12. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

If you are using lightflow, go to notifications, charged battery, and under the notification tab, set the "charged threshold" to 100%

P.S. For the other folks who had reported the talkback issue, that is gone now that Samsung fixed their issue. No more "stupid annoying" :)
  13. trucky

trucky Well-Known Member

I bought LightFlow to be able to add one app, Yahoo Messenger. That one app is one that triggers the talkback issue. I can end the talkback by disabling LightFlow in Accessibility Settings but then it only works like the free version... hmmm