• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone use Movicha yet?

jcandroid

Jul 24, 2010
i hearing of this new video calling program called movicha and im just wondering how is the video and sound quality. and what are the steps to make or receive video calls.

one reason i got the evo is to take advantage of the front camera with video chat and my fiance is getting the epic later this month so i really want to video chat with here as well as some of my co-workers

Make sure you down load the version for the EVO.. If the market does not have it, you can down load it from their website straight to your phone.

I think its MOVICAHFOREVO

how do they handle contacts? do u have to add them or they include your contacts already. oh do u have to be movicha user in order to video chat or it can do movicha-to-fring, or movicha-to-swype

Upvote 0
how do they handle contacts? do u have to add them or they include your contacts already. oh do u have to be movicha user in order to video chat or it can do movicha-to-fring, or movicha-to-swype

Have to be a Movicha user, does not work with anything else.

Example: it uses the front camera on the evo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYzJHNlhyoA

Upvote 0
Link to the website faq; Movicha
Works as stated and I have video chatted with my nephew who is using Movicha for pc. I like it except that it doesn't have support for Bluetooth and device support is short.
I tested on a Samsung Moment and video doesn't work with the Moment.
For the video on the EVO, you must rotate the phone counterclock wise for video to be correct orientation.
Contacts have to be manually added and only works with Movicha to Movicha, no cross platform support to fring, swype etc.
This is a list of supported devices;

Sprint 4G EVO
Droid
HTC Hero
G1
G2
G3
Droid Incredible

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones