• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone use MS Skydrive?

I am using SkyDrive and honestly pretty impressed with it. Although I don't use it for larger files usually, I have used Dropbox for 5GB files without any problems (My Dropbox was of 8GB now reduced to 7GB, don't know why and they won't respond, So I am moving away from Dropbox slowly).
Why developers support large files, I believe they want you to buy premium options. Everyone is after making money so why should they not charge you for that?

Upvote 0
Why developers support large files, I believe they want you to buy premium options. Everyone is after making money so why should they not charge you for that?
Sorry if I wasn't clear... What I meant was why can't you "send" or "share" a file from an app like Astro or File Manager to MS Skydrive? They support almost every other on-line storage destination, like Dropbox, etc. But not Skydrive. I'd like to see Skydrive supported.

-Frank

Upvote 0
I have not really used used SkyDrive. But, I've had it on my pc for a long long time and I use it occasionally.

To me it seems to work perfectly as promised to share large files (or small ones) and the Android app works perfectly to see and browse the drive and change share options.

I have shared files in SkyDrive app using gmail rather simply. I just find the file, and select the share button. Then I get options to use: google drive, gmail, mms, skydrive, google+, bluetooth, facebook or picasa. Selecting gmail brings up my new email in gmail immediately.

I like SkyDrive, but I forget about it. It's like a lot of Microsoft utility programs. They work really good and are usually for free - but they don't tell anyone about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones