1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone use napster?

Last Updated:

1. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seems to not be popular anymore, but I have all these coke rewards and napster is one place I could use them. Are their mp3's drm free, etc?

Advertisement
  2. Cerianthia

Cerianthia New Member

I didn't even know Napster still existed... I thought Lars Ulrich killed it!

3. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member

It's still around, but hardly anything is free anymore. I have an account, but I use Amazon MP3 more these days.

4. Eugene

Yea, its not free, I have a bunch of coke rewards stored up and don't really want anything there but did a search for mp3 and napster is about all they offer (well itunes, ha ha). I'm wondering if their downloads are drm free or if they will be locked into napster in some way.

5. android_gandhi

android_gandhi New Member

No, the tracks you buy from napster are straight mp3's and have no drm, so you can use them anywhere.

They just released an iphone app and say that an android app is right around the corner, so you might want to wait to see if you can use those rewards for whatever is needed for the app.

6. Eugene

Thats cool then, I just wanted to make sure they weren't locked down in some way like the crap from itunes. I didn't see much on the coke rewards site I wanted so I searched for mp3 and found napster there.
    Way back in the day I downloaded a bunch of mp3's (probably eve some with napster) and have been going back through and deleting or buying those. I separated them out from all my purchased stuff so I could clean things up.

7. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

I've been a ToGo member forever and love it. $15 a month covers all my music (I do triathlons so I love having as much music as I want at any time, and now you can save on Android for off-line listening, which helps battery life and no buffering!!).

8. Village Idiot

Village Idiot Active Member

*Luddite Alert*

What is this drm of which you speak?