Anyone use no lock?Support

Last Updated:

1. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am thinking about using the program that supposedly removes the lock screen. I wanted to know if anyone else uses this for the vibrant and how it is working out for them. Seems like it would be hard for something to hit the little unlock button anyway.

Advertisement
  2. Ogmodon

Ogmodon Member

I had used this for a short time, one day and night to be exact. The program worked great although had a few issues I did not like.

The first was when charging the phone over night the pop up to disconnect the phone from the charger as it was fully charged stayed on. This wound up waking me.

The other issue was that NoLED did not work with the No lock program. I sm no longer using NoLED or No Lock although no lock worked as it claimed it would.

3. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

I used NoLock without any problems. It did not cause my phone to stay awake after charging, so that's odd. I still have it on my phone, I just don't use it that much now. I was using it when I was at home and then locking it when I am out and about. But lately I've just been leaving it off, I am used to the swiping now. It's a good app.

4. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

It might be a good thing that it woke you. I spoke to a Samsung tech about charging the battery. He said "After your initial full charge, if you charge the battery for more than 4 hours you will reduce the life of your battery." I was stunned, why not include a smart charger that would curtail the charge current as the battery reached full charge? He had no answer.

So no more overnight charging for me.

5. moofy

moofy Member

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

The Samsung tech was blowing smoke and doesn't know what he is talking about ... these batteries can be charged and stayed connect full-time without issue... the battery doesn't have the memory issue of the old NiCad batteries of years ago. So you can charge them at any point in their cycle and not have any bad effects... The battery charging circuits in the phone will limit and prevent the battery from becoming over-charged or damaged... If that circuit failed then there could be a problem ... but most likely you will never see that happen ..

MonkeyManiac2010 and Sev like this.
  7. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I tried a couple of apps that work just like No Lock and of course I tried No Lock it self. No Lock did work pretty ok but sometimes gave me issues.

The one I use now and think is best is called "screen mode". I'm still on version 1.54 as it works almost perfect. You should try it.

8. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Perhaps but no one ever said anything about a "memory issue," of course, lithium ion and NiMh batteries have cured the memory issue that was so common with NiCad batteries. We know they are not nicads, they can be charged at any time. It is however beneficial to take them down to 90% occasionally before recharging. The newer batteries can be damaged by completely draining them. Lithium ion and NiMh batteries can also be damaged by overcharging. The question is whether or not the phone circuitry or charger circuitry limits the charge current when the battery reaches full charge.

It could be that the level 2 tech was wrong. But I haven't been able to find written confirmation of that anywhere as of yet. And it does state in the Samsung Vibrant User Guide that a discharged battery takes approximately 4 hours to reach a full charge.

Justjimpc, please, if you could refer me to any technical reference(s) on this phone that establishes the existence of "overcharge protection circuitry" in the phone or the OEM charger I would be most grateful. I have looked and asked and so far it has eluded me. From the tone of your reply it sounds like you have concrete information that establishes the existence of such circuitry. Thanks in advance.

9. Wolfkc

Wolfkc New Member

If that is true, then why do they force a popup that, for anyone who has the phone in their bedroom charging overnight, is absolutely horrible. Surely they wouldn't wake people up in the middle of the night without reason? :eek:
    I'm still deciding what to do about this or if i even want to keep the phone. :mad:

10. WooferCub

WooferCub Member

For what it's worth, I'm running a Battery Monitor Widget (Battery Monitor Widget "pro"), and it shows the battery voltage on a chart. Once it reaches 100%, I noticed a sort of saw-tooth pattern at the top while plugged in. It would seem the phone does reach 100%, then drains a little, then tops off. This suggests to me it knows it's full, and doesn't overcharge.

11. Snow904

Snow904 Active Member

Anyone have the deskcharger from samsung ? I get the 100% pop up but after half an hour it disapears and an hour later pops up... is this normal i sent an email to samsuck but go figure no reply... I'm starting to wonder if its harming my battery

12. RUDEBOI.LOYAL

RUDEBOI.LOYAL Member

Jim
    do u kno how i can gey better proformance