Anyone use Tapatalk?General

1. Advertisement
    :
    tapatalk likes this.
  2. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Well-Known Member

I downloaded it, but I wasn't able to find any forums that I read, so I deleted it. It wasn't easy to find if I recall...and honestly, I don't remember HOW I finally did find it.
    tapatalk likes this.
  3. Yeah, I was hoping this forum used it, even though I don't know how well it works otherwise. I know of another forum that I frequent that does use it and most everyone on there uses it. I wonder what you lose using this thing.

Also, I found a post somewhere where the creator of it said that it was a beta mistake, and that 1.5 may or may not work on some phones, but in his words "that's why it's called a beta." So maybe it works for some 1.5s and not for others. All the more reason to push that damn 2.1 out, HTC.
  4. tapatalk

tapatalk Member

We are the creator :D

Still looking into the 1.5 problem. The Android Market app visibility is a myth to us as always - but we are adding few more fixes to the app. Please expect another 2-3 weeks before it hit the final version as it is still a bit rough.

The app is developed on a 1.5 environment and we see no reason it doesn't work in 1.5 devices. Let us know if you run into any crashes or force close.
  5. Ah dang. Well, good to see I made the creator register and he has an explanation. ;)

There's another forum I visit, and a lot of the users there have this app for their iPhones, BBs, and Android phones, but I guess I'm the only one running 1.5. In two to three weeks, we may see 2.1 so it may not be a problem. Yeah, I had to mention it in this thread too.
  6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

the post i linked in the post above was his first post mentioning 1.5 compatibility, that is why i thought it was strange. it is nice to see them posting here though.
  7. tapatalk

tapatalk Member

Folks we released another update as version 1.0.9 with explicit 1.5 support. Let me know if it doesn't. but it seems to me more like the Eris + Market issue. Anyway I really hope you guys can find it in next few hours.
  8. Caddyman

no go yet, is there any way you could release the apk file for download on your site?

regardless, i would like to test it out, i own 4 vbulletin forums and would use it if it were worthwhile.
  9. tapatalk

tapatalk Member

Give it another few hours for the android servers to propagate the update... ;)
  10. Caddyman

Good deal thanks
  11. Still nothing, man.

Is the G1 using 1.5 or 1.6?
  12. dja1980

dja1980 Well-Known Member

Tapatalk rocks... I hope this forum is added soon!
  13. Still nothing. :(

Everyone on that forum is in on the fun...but me...
  14. tapatalk

tapatalk Member

poor smacky,

Can everyone confirm you get it or not getting it? We need to make sure everyone get it, either via the Market or something else (slideme?)
  15. I can't find it in the market either
  16. tapatalk

tapatalk Member

17. Caddyman

nope not yet :(
  18. langsbr

langsbr Member

Another HTC Eris user that can't find it here either...could this be VZW influence on the marketplace perhaps?
  19. tapatalk

tapatalk Member

is this a single incident or a overall issues which you guys also have trouble to get other apps?
  20. Caddyman

well idk, i have ran into maybe 2 or 3 apps that i couldnt find that should be in market for 1.5
    tapatalk likes this.
  21. langsbr

langsbr Member

I have the same problem with the app SportyPal. They have a post about it here, SportyPal where they recommend downloading it from their site. Perhaps 1.5 has some marketplace issues?
  22. Is there any way I can install it on my phone using my computer? Or does that require a root?
    tapatalk likes this.
  23. Caddyman

if you had the apk you can install it just by adding the files to the sd card and opening them (like a .exe in windows) but i don't think the company wants to release the files like that, understandable.
  24. Welp....still not there.

Is there another program that can emulate tapatalk and allow me on sites that use Tapatalk. at least temporarily until the real thing gets sorted out?