Anyone use the red verizon snap-on case?

1. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member

Saw this in the store today and thought about getting it. It looks like it's made of something like aluminum or a cheap version of it. Fairly inexpensive, too. Just wondering if anyone has used this case. I like my Seidio Innocase just fine but looking for a change. My concern is how it snaps on and whether or not it would damage the case in the spots where it holds onto the phone. I am also wondering how the paint job holds up. Just curious. Thanks. I'd post a pic but it's not on the verizon website and i can't find anything similar on ebay. This one doesn't have a bezel that goes all the way around the front of the phone.

Advertisement
  2. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

My phone is naked now, main reason being I hate having to pry the hard cases off to get to my memory card. I have tried a cheap one from eBay that was very durable (snap case front and back) and I also have tried a silicone case but I hate how it sticks to the inside of my pocket.
    But to answer your question, no i have not seen that case sorry.
  3. Asmith1106

Asmith1106 Well-Known Member

I have the blue version of the case your talking about. works great! its like a light/flexible plastic... some texture as the back plate of your Eris. No damage to speak of... has actually saved mine from plenty of drop damage (lets face it... cell phones like tho think they can fly lol). I'd definitely recommend it!
  4. smittythepig

cool. thanks. might just have to pick one up. i assume it's a fairly low profile case.
  5. dewalist

dewalist Well-Known Member

If it is the same one I am thinking of - it is perfect! It protects the sides and back of the Eris nicely (especially the camera port), but the bottom and top edges are exposed so it does not affect docking stations, headphones, etc. My fiancee and I both have the same case. The non-slip coating is starting to wear off a bit along the edges and corners but it is still by far the best case I have seen for the Eris...
  6. smittythepig

so how do you put it on? do you have to snap it on over the case? or does it flex a bit allowing you to gently put it on?
  7. gasolinev8

gasolinev8 Member

I have had the blue case for a few months now. It seems to be rather durable other than the finish is starting to rub off around the edges from going in out of a pocket so often. The case is very light and thin in profile and does slip quite easily into and out of pockets. It's made of a somewhat flexible plastic that does easily and gently wrap around the edges of the phone leaving no interference with the screen, buttons or ports. I believe its also designed to snap into a companion belt clip. One of the best designs I've seen IMO. .
  8. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

I've got the blue verison of the case, and like everyone else said, it's durable and easy to take off and on. I have no complaints with it.
  9. smittythepig

Thanks everyone. Picked up a red one. Under $6 on sale. Looks like a winner, though it won't protect top and bottom in a fall. But for the price it' great. And so small. Feels like nothing there. Basically like having a second back cover on. But it also protects the sides. Top chrome is vulnerable too but not a big deal. I should grab a blue one as well.