Anyone used HTCSync with the Incredible yet?Support

Last Updated:

1. Callahan

Callahan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Went to HTCs website to download HTCSync but the Incredible isn't listed as a compatible phone. Hell, the Incredible isn't listed in the support section period.

So, anyone tried it with the Incredible yet?

Advertisement
  2. rob316

rob316 Well-Known Member

Check your internal memory card on the Inc, a copy of the HTC sync is on it.

Callahan likes this.
  3. armoredsaint

armoredsaint Well-Known Member

it's not an issue, i did the exact same thing and is works smoothly, slow but smooth syncing with outlook contacts and calender.

4. Callahan

Callahan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Found it, thanks.

5. innomind

innomind New Member

I used HTC sync desktop app on my Win7 laptop to sync up all my Windows Mobile 6.1 contact that were loaded in Ms Outlook 2003. It sinced all 304 contacts but one without a hitch. Even custom contacts categories and notes were transferred to my HTC Incredible.

6. svwilbur

svwilbur Well-Known Member

I downloaded the copy on the web at HTC support. It took a while to download for some reason. Their servers must be busy.

I found some good Setup instructions here for a hero but it is the same for the incredible Synchronise the HTC Hero with Microsoft Outlook | Brightpoint GB Blog

It worked fine and synced my contacts and calendar to the Incredible and some calender items up to the PC.

*** BUT there are contacts on the Incredible that are not being pushed up to the PC. ***

Like all of them are not going to the PC. It seems to be downloading from the PC well and deletes from the Incredible get synced to the PC but existing contacts on the Incredible are not getting to the PC. No errors. It just does not see them.

Any ideas? I know some of them have pictures attached to them. I do not know if that is a problem or not.

This is a sync to MS outlook exchange calendar and contacts.

I use IMAP to get the mail as my company is too security concious to grant me MMS exchange activesync abilities without tieing me to the possibility of them wiping out my phone at will for violations.

7. svwilbur

wierd. I can add new contacts on the incredible and those sync up just fine.

But if I edit the ones that do not sync and update them they still do not get up to the PC.

OK I gete what happened. The ones not syncing from the Incredible are the google and facebook contacts. I was thinking if they were in my "contacts" they were known and would sync but I guess not.

Bummer. Need to sync more than one way.

8. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member

Used solely to sync calender (don't want all my Outlook Contacts on my phone), worked flawlessly. Windows 7, Outlook 2007, used the file pre-loaded on the phone.

9. svwilbur

10. gladman1

gladman1 New Member

New to htc sync w/Outlook & Incredible...in Contacts on Outlook, many groups can be created. Does Android 2.2 have a limit of contacts groups it can sync?? My old Palm Treo did. What about Android?

Thanks,

11. Dandapani

Dandapani Well-Known Member

My usage of HTC Sync with my Incredible was mixed syncing with Outlook calender. Couple times a week, the sync program on the DINC would crash. I would have to reboot the phone, and/or the PC and even had to reinstall the HTC Sync software on the PC. I gave up today.

What I do starting today is use the Google PC sync software that syncs Outlook to Google calendar and then let the phone sync with Google.

HTC has been a big disappointment for me.