anyone using a task killer app?

Last Updated:

1. CarFanatic

CarFanatic Active Member This Topic's Starter

last night my phone batt got killed, for some reason thinking it was because of something running in the background.

Advertisement
  2. Cloudtech

Cloudtech Member

I have Advanced Task Killer on my phone...

Been talking to some other Android users and I'm told that it causes other issues..thoughts?

3. CarFanatic

it does? I just downloaded it!

4. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

I'm using Advanced Task Killer and have not had any issues. The key is to not kill things that need to stay open (like email, clock - for alarms, market - if you want to get update notifications, etc. ). In advanced task killer it is very easy to establish apps that you don't want to kill (ignore list). Once you've added it to that list, it will never be killed, even when you kill everything else....Please review the article link below...

How to properly set up and use a task killer (Oh, yes, I went there!) | Android Central

The Shape likes this.
  5. automagrt

automagrt Well-Known Member

Anyone else constantly killing AT&T Navigator? I reset my phone the other day and now I can't keep AT&T Navigator from running. Every time I turn around it's showing up in ATK. I kill it and a few minutes later it's back! I shouldn't have to root my phone to get rid of this AT&T crapware. So annoying.

6. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

AT&T isnt running in the background. Most of the time the apps you see open in the background that you havent used are apps that cache memory so you can open them and use them faster. AT&T apps being one of them

7. KappaG9

KappaG9 Well-Known Member

8. blackhemi

blackhemi Well-Known Member

I stopped using mine yesterday. So far, my battery life seems a bit better. I think most people get a new android, start playing with it way more than one would after having one for a bit.

Within the first couple hours, realize their battery is dead. So then they start looking into why, and they quickly find a task killer. They start using it non stop. Battery life starts to improve, great, problem solved.

People seem to forget that the first few days or more, they are installing and customizing heavily. They got a false impression from the task killer. Its not saving battery, they are usually not using the phone as much.

I still have my task killer installed, just not running. Ill only use it if i get a crappy app or am having a problem with an app and it needs to be closed via a task manager.

I still have my iPhone 3gs. its been factory reset, so I decided to charge it. Once fully charged, i started to set it up, adding apps, and playing with it just as hard and my captivate. The battery sure went fast. I would say it went just as fast as my captivate.

9. CarFanatic

last night my phone had like 80% batt when I went to bed. when I work up this morining it was dead.. something drained it over night, it had to be an app. I looked and had apps running. I think it was the push to talk app that killed it??