Anyone using ORB with their Captivate ?

Last Updated:

1. Joeydroid

Joeydroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does ORB work with the Samsung Captivate ? I was at the AT&T store today and i tried the test.orb.com test link and none of them was able to stream video. I then installed the free ORB app from the marketplace but then i realized my PC at home was not running ORB at the time so i couldn't test it.

Also when using BING for navigation, does it have turn by turn voice like it does for Windows Mobile ?

Thanks (...soon to-be Captivate owner)

Advertisement
  2. CaCHooKa Man

CaCHooKa Man Well-Known Member

i have orb and it works fine on my phone. you need the orblive app though. ive tried streaming from the mobile site and it doesnt work. as for bing, its not available on this phone. google maps has turn by turn navigation built in though.

3. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

Yea orb does work for the Captivate but the quality isn't the best. The android version of orb unfortunately does not have a quality slider like the iPhone version does.

Even when GPS is fixed in this phone, I dont see why you would use Bing for navigation over the already free and awesome Google Navigation.

4. Joeydroid

Thanks for the info on ORB. I currently have a Samsung Jack and it seem like WM is getting worse as the new versions come out. As long as i can stream the games im good. Does the built-in Google Navigation app have voice turn by turn ?

5. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

6. Joeydroid

Thanks for that video, looks great. I just placed my order for one. $79.99 (upgrade) from Amazon. They also have it for 0.01 if your a new customer. Can't wait to get it. I guess i will have alot of reading to do being a WM user for a long time ;)

7. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

just dont expect the GPS to be perfect, its a known problem on all Samsung Galaxy S phones and hopefully a fix will be out next month.

8. Joeydroid

I have been using Route66 for navigation on my Jack, works well.

Is flash going to be supported when 2.2 comes out ?

9. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member