Anyone using the Galaxy Spica in the USA?Support

Last Updated:

1. Poopyfist

Poopyfist Member This Topic's Starter

I was just curious if anyone else has one here because I just placed an order for one at Newegg and am eagerly awaiting its arrival :)

I did a fair bit of research on it, I needed a new phone out of contract and the Spica seemed to have some of the best features for the price. It'll be my first smartphone.

Anyways I was wondering a few things and would appreciate any input.

For American users, I read on a few sites that the Spica isn't compatible with US 3g networks, but then on other sites they say that the Spica does operate on US 3g networks :confused: which is it? I'll be using it with T-Mobile over here so its not really a huge deal, T-Mobile doesn't have much of a 3g network here in the states (not yet anyways).

Also, is there anything else I should know about operating an international phone here in the US? I know I'll need to enter in the proper settings to get my phone to connect to T-Mobile's network here, I figure that shouldn't be a problem, but if I do have issues I can run it into one of their stores and have their techs set it up for me.

Lastly, is there anything else I should know? Ways to optimize my experience with this phone? I, of course, plan to update it to 2.1 as soon as it arrives :D

Thanks guys.

Advertisement