Anyone using the onboard 8GB for anything?Support

Last Updated:

1. edgeman4

edgeman4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was searching around for this space in Astro, as I was wondering what is going on with this space, and finally found it as a "data" folder, but completely empty. 6GB (some of the 8 is used by the system I think) of open disk space I haven't used yet. I was thinking of putting images I save for wallpapers in there, but couldn't think of much else. I know that this space is visible to the media player and gallery, but not to any apps (as of right now), so I could store music and pictures, but would mp3s here be able to be set as ringtones and such?

Advertisement
  2. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

The internal memory is dedicated for applications and application data. I don't think you can store pics/vids/songs/etc... there just yet. I'm sure with root it is possible, just gotta find the right switch to flip!

3. edgeman4

edgeman4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ah, I see. so I found the space but it can't be used...and you are correct, could not copy and paste to it. Well at the very least it is being used by apps. They seem to have done a better job than HTC at using the internal memory.

4. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

The data folder is only readable by root. You can put stuff there if you have root and something like Root Explorer that can run in su. It is by no means empty. There are tons of files and folders in there. You just can't read them unless you are su.

However, here's a trick you could do. Store stuff in the /sqlite_stmt_journals folder. You have RW access and it is part of the internal memory; possibly the 8gig. Give it a shot.