Anyone using their Evo naked? (Without any case or anything)

Last Updated:

1. zamardii12

zamardii12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just wanted to get some reactions from people who use their phone without a case on how your phone is handling it... more specifically, the camera lens. I bought the Seidio Innocase 2 for the Evo but I notice that the phone is scratching on the upper left and upper right corners so i'd rather not use the case. However, I am terrified of putting this phone down anywhere because of how much the lens sticks out.

Anyone okay with it? It looks like the lens is slightly angled downward I suppose to rest the phone on the lens rim but the lens is only very slight, and when I put the phone down on a table it looks like it's touching the lens... and I really don't want my phone's picture quality deteriorating over time.

Advertisement
  2. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

i just have a screen protector. no damage.. yet

3. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member

Ive used it "naked" without any issues, i tend to use the kickstand anytime i put the phone down or i put it on a softer surface if i do lay it down flat...I use one of those belt clip things that sprint has...i tend to wear basketball shorts a lot and those only come with 2 pockets so if i had gotten a case i would either have to put it in the pocket with my keys or the other with my wallet so both scenarios wouldnt work for me..so i decided to go naked and im pretty happy..no scratches, havent dropped it once...hopefully i dont jinx myself...

4. thundrbird1

thundrbird1 Active Member

I have full body shield plus the case holster combo from Seido. No complaints here :)

5. CPR

CPR Well-Known Member

I have nothing on mine. I intend to put a screen protector on and will buy an Otterbox Commuter when they're available.

6. unkillable

unkillable Member

I uwe my naked, I think she's sexier that way. If I'm in a rush, ill just put her face down lol

No scratches yet, a few minor one the camera but nothing messing with my pictures. That came from leaving the phone on its back, a huge no no

7. lousyskater

lousyskater Active Member

Just a screen protector.

8. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

My EVO is naked, I haven't taken excessive measure to care for it, but I definitely do not deliberately abuse it. It has fared sort of well. The screen does have a small scratch in the middle.

9. kmbutts

kmbutts Well-Known Member

Yep! Naked as a Jay Bird and without a screen protector. I don't think I'll drop the phone with the big meat hooks attached to the end of my wrists!

10. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

Naked for now, until my replacement Innocase comes in. I like the way it feels in the hand (heh heh), but when I am operating with one hand, I always feel like it's going to slip and fall. I like the tacky feel of a case in that scenario.

11. nRRe

nRRe Well-Known Member

my phone is naked, no screen protector or case, nothing.

holding up just fine, and my 2 yr old son loves to use it to...only met the wall once when he knocked it otu of my hand and it ran down the wall. no scratches or anything.

i love the app "Whiteboard" let the kid draw all he wants with it. its awesome.

12. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member

I have nothing on mine simply for the fact that I am waiting for my sprint store to call me and let me know a replacement unit is available. I've been babying mine but the results of not having a case have become apparent. The top part of my kickstand has a bunch of tiny scratches on it since that it what the phone rest upon. The silver edges around the camera also have minor scratches. Once again it is what the phone is resting on. When I get my next unit, it is going straight into a case.

13. brittonx

brittonx Member

Nothing on my EVO. No scratches or dust under glass issues.

14. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

Nothing on either Evo. I have had four touch screen phones since the original HTC Touch and have never had a case or screen protector. Never had any scratches. I carry the phone in my front pocket.

15. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

Naked for now. I have an SGP screen protector on the way. The only case I've liked the look of is the Seido, but I fits loosely and I don't like the scratching stories.

16. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member

I'm naked and using my Evo as we speak... does it do something different if I'm naked? I'm lost....

nickdog670 likes this.
  17. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

naked with sprint screen protector)just incase) and carry it with a seidio holster...sweet

18. VGPOP

VGPOP Well-Known Member

Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint.

I just got it today, and it's the best thing I've put on this phone.

No fingerprints, smooth, just perfect.

19. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member

I got the silicon condom on & diaphragm screen always on unless I choose to take it off & have fun with it my self ...nobody touch my baby but me.

Seriously though it is such a convenient without having to worry about screen scratches & other accidental drops. There have been so many times where I would accidentally put the EVO next to my keys in the pocket...I am sure there would be scratches on the phone by now...but she is still in mint condition like a virgin *****.

20. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Me and if it get's scratched it gets scratched. I hate cases and screen protectors.
    I kept my G1 for almost 2 years. The EVO will be replaced by this time next year by something much better. We are beta testers. I'm also keeping an eye out for a WM7 phone.

21. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

Naked, not hard to keep the thing clean... I accidentally put it in the same pocket as my key one time and there's a small knick in the corner, but it's microscopic...

22. lillygirl7

lillygirl7 Well-Known Member

NEKID. I'm planning on getting a screen Protector Monday. I really like how the back isn't shiny. Thinking about getting an egrip for the back.

23. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Screen protector on the front, modded screen protector on the rear camera lens, HTC Silicone Case. I'm waiting on my SGP Ultra Clear screen protectors and I am considering purchasing a leather case off of Boxwave's website (I think Boxwave's leather cases make the EVO look a little more professional than silicone or plastic).

In my opinion, Naked=Asking for trouble! But to each his (or her) own! Viva la EVO!

24. beesneazy

beesneazy New Member

Just a screen protector. As someone said I try not to put it down on rougher surfaces ... have a few times but usually there is something soft around or I just pop out the 'stand.

No visible issues yet, little screen uppage in the lower left, but no one can see it.

Camera seems fine, and I suspect as long as I'm mindful about it it won't get too bad. One of my biggest gripes is how is sits right there. Then again I'm not often snappin pictures.

/ $.02

25. sdezrilov

sdezrilov Well-Known Member

Used the HTC Sprint rubber case for the first two weeks but couldn't get used to it. Too bulky and attracted a lot of dust/pocket lint. Now two week without anything and greatly appreciate it's design. The fist few days were nerve wracking but not it's quite natural. I did however make the mistake of putting it in my back pocket and sitting on it a few times. Thankfully I hadn't done any damage...