• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone using their mytouch 4g without a case?

I use just a rubber protector case. And for some reason holding it is getting on my nerves cause of the rubber. And when I take it off I love the look of this phone. However I don't want to damage it, I usually keep the protector on when I am outside but inside I take it off. Anyone doing this or is it case on all the time.

no case...no screen protector...no problem:D
However, i do take excellent care of my devices and never carry anything else in the same pocket as my phone. that being said its a very solid and durable phone.

btw had the 4g since november, so a little while now and still no issue with a naked phone ;)

Upvote 0
Well I'm not specifically speaking of the mytouch, but I like to use invisible shield/phantom skinz full body skins for my devices. I'm very careful with my devices but all it takes is one unfortunate thing to scratch it. Obviously the skins don't protect against drops but they add a grippiness to the phone which is helpful.

Upvote 0
Only thing on mine at the moment is a screen protector. Though mine is the satin/anti-glare variant and might be slightly better outside in the daylight, I would prefer the gloss protector. We're hoping the marketplace will be offering more options for this phone soon. I really like the formfactor of the device itself, and hate to muck it up with cladding- but of course the tradeoff is lacking impact protection, and I really want something that will protect the body without too much bulk, yet allow me to carry it in a leather belt case. A rubber skin won't be good for that.

Upvote 0
Nice replies everyone, glad you hear what you do too. I have been keeping my Touch out of the rubber protector when I am at work or home but in transition or outside I have been putting it in the protector to be safe. I just love the look of it without. I also did buy a plastic clear case yesterday so when that gets sent in the mail I will see how that looks.

Upvote 0
I don't have a case or a screen protector.

When I got my MyTouch 3G almost two years ago, I immediately got a case and a screen protector because I thought I needed them both. All they did was make my phone more bulky. I never dropped my phone or brushed it up against anything that would scratch it.

So with the MyTouch 4G I just didn't get any extra casing. Love it naked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones